Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Genomic and Precision Medicine: Infectious and Inflammatory Disease, Third Edition, provides current clinical solutions on the application of genome discovery on a broad spectrum of disease categories in IMD - including asthma, obesity and multiple sclerosis. Each chapter is organized to cover the application of genomics and personalized medicine tools and technologies, along with information on a) Risk Assessment and Susceptibility, b) Diagnosis and Prognosis, c) Pharmacogenomics and Precision Therapeutics, and d) Emerging and Future Opportunities in the field.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of infectious and inflammatory disease genomics
- Provides succinct commentary and key learning points to assist providers with the implementation of genomic and personalized medicine
- Presents an up-to-date overview on major opportunities for genomic and personalized medicine
- Includes case studies that highlight the practical use of genomics in the management of patients
Medical students, life sciences and engineering graduate students, advanced undergraduate students, and residents and fellows working with any aspect of genomic research in the life sciences and/or medicine; educators and translational scientists
- Overview: Genome wide approaches to Inflammatory and Metabolic disease
2. Application of Human Genome Information to Clinical Practice
• Genome sequencing: new technologies, approaches, applications
• Clinical applications of whole-genome chromosomal microarray analysis
• Transcriptomics in the age of ultra high-throughput sequencing
• Quantitative Proteomics in Genomic Medicine
3. Translating genome information into clinical practice and human health
4. Big Data and Translational Bioinformatics Genomic and Personalized Medicine
• Biospecimen Banking linked to phenotype data
• Electronic Health Records
• Data Sharing and Privacy
5. Health Risk Assessment and Family History
6. Clinical Decision Support
7. Overview of Policy, Ethical and Social Considerations
8. Autoimmune Disorders
9. Rheumatoid Arthritis
10. Multiple Sclerosis
11. Inflammatory Bowel Disease
13. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
14. Interstitial Lung Disease
15. Peptic Ulcer Disease
17. Systemic Sclerosis
20. Diabetes Genomics
21. The Metabolic Syndrome
22. Approaching Obesity
• The Microbiome and obesity
23. Case Studies
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 15th August 2019
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Dr. Ginsburg is the founding Director of the Center for Applied Genomics & Precision Medicine in the Duke Institute for Genome Sciences & Policy. He is also Professor of Medicine and of Pathology at Duke University Medical Center, Professor of Biomedical Engineering at Duke Pratt School of Engineering, and Co-Director of the Duke Translational Medicine Institute.
Duke Center for Applied Genomics and Precision Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC, USA
Huntington Willard is on the faculty of the Department of Human Genetics at the University of Chicago. Prior to this appointment, Willard was the President and Director of the Marine Biological Laboratory and Professor of Human Genetics at the University of Chicago. He was previously on the faculty at Duke University, where he was founding director of the university-wide Duke Institute for Genome Sciences & Policy from 2003 to 2014, the Nanaline H. Duke Professor of Genome Sciences, and the Arts & Sciences Professor of Biology & Genome Sciences.
Director and Principal, Geisinger National Precision Health, North Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Professor of Medicine and Global Health, Duke Center for Applied Genomics & Precision Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine; Chief, Infectious Disease Division, Durham VA Health Care System, USA
Dr. Tsalik obtained his MD and PhD at Columbia University before coming to Duke for his clinical training in Internal Medicine followed by fellowship in Infectious Diseases. He is currently an Associate Professor of Medicine, Associate Professor of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, and is a Physician in the Emergency Department at the Durham VA Health Care System. He is also Associate Director of Diagnostics for the Antibacterial Resistance Leadership Group. His research focuses on the host response to infection with a particular emphasis on translation to diagnostic tests.
Duke Center for Applied Genomics & Precision Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine; Emergency Department Service, Durham VA Health Care System, USA.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.