Genesis and Evolutionary Development of Life discusses the present state of thought on the origin and development of life. The book contains six chapters and begins with a brief history of attempts to solve the problem of the origin of life. This is followed by separate chapters the discuss the following events: the initial stages in the evolution of carbon compounds; formation of the "primitive soup"; origin of prebiological systems; evolution of "protobionts" and the origin of the first organisms; and the further evolution of the first organisms.
1. Short History of Attempts to Solve the Problem of the Origin of Life
2. Beginning Stages in the Evolution of Carbon Compounds
3. Formation of the "Primitive Soup"
4. Origin of Prebiological Systems
5. Evolution of "Protobionts" and the Origin of the First Organisms
6. Further Evolution of the First Organisms
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1968
- 1st January 1968
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: