- Provides new applications on the cycle index of the symmetric group, permutations and square roots, counting polyominoes, and exact covering sequences
- Features an Appendix on using MAPLE(r) and Mathematica (r) to generate functions
- Includes many new exercises with complete solutions at the end of each chapter
Table of Contents
- Introductory Ideas and Examples. Series. Cards, Decks, and Hands: The Exponential Formula. Applications of Generating Functions. Analytic and Asymptotic Methods. Appendix: Using MAPLE(r) and Mathematica.(r) Solutions. References. Index.
- No. of pages: 228
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2013
- Published: November 17, 1993
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080571515
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Generating Functionology"