Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Gastronomy and Food Science fills the transfer knowledge gap between academia and industry by covering the interrelation of gastronomy and food and culinary science in one integral reference. Coverage of the holistic cuisine, culinary textures with food ingredients, the application of new technologies and gastronomy in shaping a healthy diet, and the recycling of culinary by-products using new is also covered in this important reference. Written for food scientists and technologists, food chemists, and nutritionists, researchers, academics, and professionals working in culinary science, culinary professionals and other food industry personnel, this book is sure to be a welcomed reference.
- Discusses the role of gastronomy and new technologies in shaping healthy diets
- Describes a toolkit to capture diversity and drivers of food choice of a target population and to identify entry points for nutrition interventions
- Presents the experiential value of the Mediterranean diet, elaio-gastronomy, and bioactive food ingredients in culinary science
- Explores gastronomic tourism and the senior foodies market
Food scientists and technologists, food chemists, and nutritionists, researchers, academics, and professionals working in culinary science, culinary professionals and other food industry personnel
1. The impact of molecular gastronomy within the food science community and results of its application
2. Role of gastronomy and new technologies in shaping a healthy diet
3. Cooking with Computers: The Vision of Digital Gastronomy
4. Gastronomic systems research
5. The Mediterranean diet between traditional foods and human health through culinary examples
6. Olive oil in gastronomy and food science
7. From folklore to the nutraceutical world: The Corema album potential
8. Food processing by-products and molecular gastronomy
9. Recipes for the valorization of Culinary By-products and Leftovers
10. The Senior Foodies Market: Opportunities and Challenges in Gastronomic Tourism
11. Holistic Cuisine and Gastronomic Tourism
12. Seven Dimensions of Taste - Taste in a Sociological and Educational Perspective
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 18th September 2020
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Charis M. Galanakis is a multidisciplinary scientist in agricultural sciences as well as food and environmental science, technology, and sustainability, with experience in both industry and academia. He is the research and innovation director of Galanakis Laboratories in Chania, Greece, an adjunct professor of King Saud University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and the director of Food Waste Recovery Group (SIG5) of ISEKI Food Association in Vienna, Austria. He pioneered the new discipline of food waste recovery and has established the most prominent innovation network in the field. He also serves as a senior consultant for the food industry and expert evaluator for international and regional funded programs and proposals. He is an editorial board member of Food and Bioproducts Processing, Food Research International, and Foods, has edited over 45 books, and has published hundreds of research articles, reviews, monographs, chapters, and conference proceedings.
Galanakis Laboratories, Chania, Greece
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.