- Stay current with clear, accurate, and up-to-the-minute coverage of the physiology of the gastrointestinal system focusing on the needs of the student.
- Bridge the gap between normal function and disease with gastrointestinal pathophysiology content throughout the book.
- Master the material more easily with learning objectives at the start of each chapter, overview boxes, key words and concepts, chapter summaries, and physiology review questions at the end of the book.
- Understand complex concepts by examining clear, 2-color diagrams.
- Apply what you've learned to real-life clinical situations with the aid of featured clinical cases with questions and explained answers.
- Consult the book online at Student Consult, where you can perform quick searches, add your own notes and bookmarks, and more!
2. Regulation: Nerves and Smooth Muscle
4. Gastric Emptying
5. Motility of the Small Intestine
6. Motility of the Large Intestine
7. Salivary Secretion
8. Gastric Secretion
9. Pancreatic Secretion
10. Bile Production, Secretion, and Storage
11. Digestion and Absorption
12. Fluid and Electrolyte Absorption
13. The Splanchnic Circulation
Appendix: Review Examination