Many bacteria, viruses, protozoa, and fungi play key roles in the development of gastrointestinal diseases, and this practical reference brings you up to speed with this increasingly important area. Covering a broad range of GI diseases and cancers, this resource provides an expert overview of the field, ideal for all gastroenterologists and infectious disease physicians.
1. Infections associated with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Barrett’s Esophagus and Esophageal Cancer
2. Peptic Ulcer Disease (PUD) and Gastric Cancer
3. Gallbladder Disease and Cancer
4. Hepatocellular carcinoma
5. Acute pancreatitis
6. Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth
7. Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
9. Colorectal cancer
10. Pancreatic Cancer
11. Viral Gastroenteritis
12. Bacterial Gastroenteritis
13. Molecular pathogenesis of gastrointestinal infections
14. Whipple Disease
15. Celiac Disease
16. Parasitic Diarrhea
17. Hirschsprung-associated enterocolitis
18. Fecal Transplants
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 18th January 2019
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Eslick is a Professor of Surgery at the Whiteley-Martin Research Centre at The University of Sydney in New South Wales, Australia. He has 310 publications (including 13 monographs, 40 book chapters).
The University of Sydney in New South Wales, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.