- Print ISBN 9781437726039
- Electronic ISBN 9781455733699
- Reconsider how you handle difficult practice issues with coverage that addresses these topics head on and offers opinions from the leading experts in the field, supported by evidence whenever possible.
- Find information quickly and easily with a consistent chapter organization.
- Get the most authoritative advice available from world-class neonatologists who have the inside track on new trends and developments in neonatal care.
- Purchase each volume individually, or get the entire 6-volume set, which includes online access that allows you to search across all titles!
SECTION A: Basic Science of the Intestinal Tract
CHAPTER 1 Overview of Digestion and Absorption
CHAPTER 2 Maturation of Motor Function in the Preterm Infant and Gastroesophageal Reflux
CHAPTER 3 Development of Gastrointestinal Motility Reflexes
CHAPTER 4 Development of the Intestinal Mucosal Barrier
CHAPTER 5 The Developing Intestinal Microbiome and Its Relationship to Health and Disease
CHAPTER 6 The Developing Intestine as an Immune Organ
CHAPTER 7 The Developing Gastrointestinal Tract in Relation to Autoimmune Disease, Allergy, and Atopy
CHAPTER 8 What Are the Controversies for Basic Intestinal Development and Where Will the Field Be Moving in the Future?
SECTION B: Nutritional Requirements and Strategies
CHAPTER 9 Nutritional Requirements of the Very-Low-Birthweight Infant
CHAPTER 10 Controversies in Neonatal Nutrition: Macronutrients and Micronutrients
CHAPTER 11 Regulation of Protein Synthesis and Proteolysis in the Neonate by Feeding
CHAPTER 12 Lipids for Neonates
CHAPTER 13 Human Milk Feeding of the High-Risk Neonate
CHAPTER 14 Nutritional Requirements for the Neonate: What Are the Controversies and Where Will the Field Be Moving in the Future?
SECTION C: Clinical Conditions
CHAPTER 15 Necrotizing Enterocolitis
CHAPTER 16 Special Nutrition of the Surgical Neonate
CHAPTER 17 Controversies in Short Bowel Syndrome
CHAPTER 18 Neonatal Cholestasis
CHAPTER 19 The Neonatal Gastrointestinal Tract as a Conduit to Systemic Inflammation and Developmental Delays
CHAPTER 20 Adult Consequences of Neonatal and Fetal Nutrition: Mechanisms
CHAPTER 21 Technologies for the Evaluation of Enteral Feeding Readiness in Premature Infants
CHAPTER 22 What Are the Controversies for These Clinical Conditions and Where Will the Field Be Moving in the Future?
- No. of pages:
- © 2012
- 20th March 2012
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: