Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Milestones in the development of gas chromatography
2. Theory of gas chromatography
3. Column technology
4. Classification and selection of columns for analytical applications
5. Multidimensional and comprehensive gas chromatography
6. Sample introduction methods
7. Headspace gas chromatography
8. Thermal desorption for gas chromatography
9. Pyrolysis gas chromatography
11. Hyphenated spectroscopic detectors
12. Hyphenated mass and ion mobility detectors
13. Plasma-based detectors
14. Field and portable instruments
15. Micomachined instrument platforms
16. Preparative gas chromatography
17. Validation of gas chromatographic methods
18. Quantitative structure – retention relationships
19. Inverse gas chromatography
20. Derivatization and related michrochemical techniques
21. Petrochemical applications
22. Essential oils and fragrances
27. Forensic science
28. Multiresidue methods for pesticides
29. Volatile compounds in the atmosphere
30. Chemical warfare agent
31. Emerging and persistent environmental contaminants
32. Pheromones and related semiochemicals
34. Space exploration
Gas Chromatography, Second Edition, offers a single source of authoritative information on all aspects relating to the practice of gas chromatography. A focus on short, topic-focused chapters facilitates the identification of information that will be of immediate interest for familiar or emerging uses of gas chromatography. The book gives those working in both academia and industry the opportunity to learn, refresh and deepen their understanding of fundamental and instrumental aspects of gas chromatography and tools for the interpretation and management of chromatographic data. Users will find a consolidated guide to the selection of separation conditions and the use of auxiliary techniques.
This new edition restores the contemporary character of the book with respect to those involved in advancing the technology, analyzing the data produced, or applying the technique to new application areas. New topics covered include hyphenated spectroscopic detectors, micromachined instrument platforms, derivatization and related microchemical techniques, petrochemical applications, volatile compounds in the atmosphere, and more.
- Includes chapters written by recognized authoritative and visionary experts in the field, thus providing an overview and focused treatments on a single topic
- Provides comprehensive coverage of modern gas chromatography, from theory, to methods and selected applications
- Places modern developments in research literature into a general context not always apparent to inexperienced users of the techniques
Analytical chemists working in academia, government laboratories, industrial and clinical laboratories, and regulatory agencies; chemists from other disciplines requiring an overview of separation techniques; organizations offering professional development courses and in-house training
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 23rd April 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor Colin Poole is internationally known in the field of thin-layer chromatography and is an editor of the Journal of Chromatography and former editor of the Journal of Planar Chromatography – Modern TLC. He has authored several books on chromatography, recent examples being “The Essence of Chromatography” published by Elsevier (2003), and “Gas Chromatography” published by Elsevier (2012). He is the author of approximately 400 research articles, many of which deal with thin-layer chromatography, and is co-chair of the biennial “International Symposium on High-Performance Thin-Layer Chromatography”.
Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.