Covering the entire spectrum of operative shoulder arthroscopy, including both routine and complex shoulder procedures, Gartsman’s Shoulder Arthroscopy, 3rd Edition, provides a straightforward, "classroom" approach that walks you through each step of these challenging surgeries. Two master surgeons in the field, Drs. Hussein Elkousy and T. Bradley Edwards, present clear explanations of the standard approach to each procedure, plus variations and complications that frequently arise. Focused, concise coverage includes review of anatomy, indications and contraindications, non-operative options, pre-operative assessment and imaging, and more.
- Provides a uniform, consistent approach to all aspects of shoulder arthroscopy, including "pearls" from the expert author team of Hussein Elkousy and T. Bradley Edwards.
SECTION ONE: The Basics
1. Arthroscopy Concepts and Tools
2. Operating Room Setup
3. Diagnostic Arthroscopy and Normal Anatomy
SECTION TWO: Glenohumeral Joint Surgery
4. Glenohumeral Instability
5. Biceps Tendon Lesions
8. Periarticular Cysts and Suprascapular Nerve Compression
9. Sepsis or Infection
SECTION THREE: Subacromial Space Surgery
10. Impingement Syndrome
11. Partial-Thickness Rotator Cuff Tears
12. Full-Thickness Rotator Cuff Tears
13. Massive Rotator Cuff Tears
14. Irreparable Rotator Cuff Tears
15. Acromioclavicular Joint Pathology.
16. Calcific Tendinitis
18. Diagnostic Ultrasonography
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 4th April 2018
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Attending Shoulder Surgeon, Fondren Orthopedic Group, Texas Orthopedic Hospital, Houston, Texas
Clinical Instructor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston; Fondren Orthopaedic Group, Houston, TX
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.