Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Future Foods: Global Trends, Opportunities and Sustainability Challenges highlights trends and sustainability challenges along the entire agri-food supply chain. Using an interdisciplinary approach, this book addresses innovations, technological developments, state-of-the-art based research, value chain analysis, and a summary of future sustainability challenges. The book is written for food scientists, researchers, engineers, producers, and policy makers and will be a welcomed reference.
- Provides practical solutions for overcoming recurring sustainability challenges along the entire agri-food supply chain
- Highlights potential industrial opportunities and supports circular economy concepts
- Proposes novel concepts to address various sustainability challenges that can affect and have an impact on the future generations
Food scientists, researchers, engineers, producers, and policy makers
1. Emerging Trends and Future Sustainability Challenges in the Global Agri-Food Sector
2. Climate change and future food production
3. Approaches for sustainable food production and consumption systems
4. Smart and Sustainable Food: What is ahead
5. Future grain crops
6. Underutilized Fruits: Challenges and Constraints to Domestication
7. Underutilized legumes for providing nutritional security
8. Designer food and feeds from underutilized fruits and vegetables
9. Seaweeds and microalgal biomass: The future of food and nutraceuticals
10. Healthy oil: Future trends (Plant and animal based)
11. Nutraceutical and functional beverages: The new horizon
12. Plant-based milk products
13. Prebiotics and probiotics in active beverages: A bet for the future
14. Future innovations in alcohol-based beverage industry
15. Future Food Proteins: Trends and perspectives
16. Mycoproteins: Origins and Future Developments
17. Sustainability challenges in edible bird's nest
18. Wild harvested edible insects value chains: Sustainable source of livelihoods and food and nutrition security in emerging economies
19. The future of animal-based foods: Poultry, egg, fish, and dairy
20. Cultured meat: The future of cultured meat between sustainability expectations and socio-economic challenges
21. Meat alternatives
22. Innovations in food packaging industry
23. Emerging dehydration technologies in developing sustainable food supply chain
24. Food flavors
25. Gastronomy: A Novel Social Representation of Foods Through Consumers Language
26. Neurobiology of food addictions
27. Space food on celestial bodies and on the way there
28. Edible vaccines
29. Designer foods as an effective approach to enhance disease preventative properties of food through its health functionalities
30. Food choices and consumers in coming decades
31. Restoring the values of traditional foods
32. Between Conventionalization and Emancipation: Present and Future Paths for Organic Food Market Organization
33. Hydroponics technology: Future trends and scope
34. Valorization of food industry by-products
35. Food frauds
36. ICT applications for the food industry
37. 3D food printing: genesis, trends and future prospects
38. Non-destructive methods for detection of food quality
39. Authentication of wine and other alcohol-based beverages: Future Global Scenario
40. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Advances in Food Industry
41. Food quality monitoring via bioinformatics and big data
42. The Current State of OMICs Technologies in Food Sciences
43. Food policy and legislations: Future Scenario
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st November 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Rajeev Bhat is Professor and the ERA Chair holder in Food By-products Valorization Technologies (VALORTECH) at the Estonian University of Life Sciences, EU. He holds an extensive ‘Research and Teaching’ experience of more than 20 years in the field of agri-food technology, with research expertise focusing on various issues pertaining to ‘Sustainable Food Production’ and ‘Food Security.’ He holds International work experiences in India, South Korea, Malaysia, Germany, Fiji Islands and now in Estonia.
Professor and ERA-Chair Holder, Food By-Products Valorization Technologies (VALORTECH), Estonian University of Life Sciences, Tartu, Estonia, EU.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.