Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Fungi Bio-prospects of Microbial Activities in Agriculture, Environment and Nanotechnology: Volume One: Fungal Diversity of Sustainable Agriculture explores varied aspects of fungal biology with relevance in microbiology and agriculture for better insights of basic and advanced biotechnological application in human welfare and sustainable agriculture. Chapters have been included to throw light on different sectors of fungi including diversity analysis, role as bio fertilizer, biocontrol agent, and microbial inoculants, nano-technological application, and exploitation for management of drought, salinity and metal toxicity. This book was designed to help users explore the possibility of huge fungal diversity for present and future generations in different sectors of human life.
- Summarizes various aspects of fungi in the field of microbiology, sustainable agriculture, nano-technology and environment
- Describes the molecular approaches and gene expression of fungi
- Provides a deeper understanding of fungi that could be articulated in various fields
Researchers in microbial biotechnology in both academy and corporate settings, graduate students on related subjects
- Fungal endophytes, biodiversity and bio-potential applications
2. Fungi from extreme environments
3. Impact of climate change on fungal biodiversity
4. Role of fungi in bio-production of nanomaterials at a megascale
5. Potential of Arbuscular Mycorrhizal (AM) Fungi in agriculture
6. Rhizosphere fungi and their plant associated benefits
7. Fungal enzymes: Production, purification, characterization and applications
8. Fungal metabolites: Source of bioactive natural products
9. Fungal endophytes derived cytotoxic compounds, application and challenges
10. Fungal infections: Advances in diagnosis and treatment
11. Functional genomics in filamentous fungi and applications
12. Bio-potential applications of marine-derived fungi
13. Fungi as a plant growth promoter
14. Fungal symbionts in abiotic stress tolerance of plants
15. Fungi in bioremediation of soil
16. Fungi in the bioremediation of toxic effluents
17. Mycotoxins associated food safety concerns, prevention and control
18. Phytopathogenic fungi and their biocontrol applications
19. Recent trends in fungal mediated biosynthesis of nanoparticles
20. Future of myco-synthesized nanoparticles and applications
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 3rd October 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Vijay Kumar Sharma is Ph.D. in Botany from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, U.P., India. He has more than eleven years of research experience, particularly in the area of endophytes. His research interest is in the bio-potential applications of endophytes and their mechanism. He also has a keen interest in emerging environmental issues and mitigation. He is currently working on the role of fungal endophytes in heavy metal stress tolerance of host plants, and mechanism. Dr. Sharma has more than thirty research articles and book chapters in journals of national and international repute to his credit. He is life time member of Mycological Society of India (MSI). He is also the recipient of MJ Thirumalachar Young Scientist Award Lectures by MSI in 2016. He also received Yunnan provincial government funding-II. He has also actively participated in many national and international conferences, symposia and workshops related to his research field.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Medical School of Kunming University of Science and Technology, Kunming, China
Maulin P. Shah, currently Chief Scientist & Head – Industrial Waste Water Research Lab, Division of Applied and Environmental Microbiology Lab at Enviro Technology Ltd., Ankleshwar, Gujarat, India, has served as an Assistant Professor at Godhra, Gujarat University in 2001. He has more than 160 research publication in highly reputed national and international journals. He is an active Editorial Board Member in 75 highly reputed Journal’s in the field of Environmental & Biological Sciences. ”. He has been appointed as an Editor-in-Chief in two journals viz. (1) Research Journal of Microbiology & (2) Journal of Biotechnology and Biomaterials. His work has been focused to assess the impact of industrial pollution on microbial diversity of wastewater following cultivation dependant and cultivation independent analysis. His major work involves isolation, screening, identification and Genetic Engineering of high impact of Microbes for the degradation of hazardous materials.
Chief Scientist and Head, Industrial Waste Water Research Lab, Division of Applied and Environmental Microbiology Lab, Enviro Technology Ltd., Ankleshwar, Gujarat, India
Dr. Parmar is Ph.D. in Environment Science from from Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand, India. She has more than eight years of research experience, particularly in the area of toxic metal pollution of water bodies and soil, their phytoremediation, bio-prospects of endophytes in host plant growth enhancement and stress tolerance, and the mechanism. She has about 12 publications in journals and edited book of international repute such as Microbial Biotechnology and Elsevier. Recently she was awarded by the Yunnan provincial government, funding-II in China.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Kunming University of Science and Technology, Kunming, China
Dr. Ajay Kumar is a visiting scientist at the Agriculture Research Organization, Volcani center, Rishon Leziyon, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural development Israel. Dr. Kumar completed his doctoral research from Department of Botany, Institute of Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. He has published more than sixty research articles and book chapters in the leading International and National journals or books. He has wide area of research experience, especially in the field of Plant-Microbe Interactions, Microbial biocontrol, and Endophytes related with the medicinal plants. He is an invited member of the editorial committee of the“International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences” and “Journal of Plant Science and Agriculture Research. He is also an active reviewer for journals including PLOS ONE, Agriculture, Ecosystem and Environment, Biological Control, Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 3Biotech etc.
Agriculture Research Organization, Volcani Center, Rishon, Lezziyon, Israel
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.