Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Fundamentals of Telemedicine and Telehealth provides an overview on the use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) to solve health problems, especially for people living in remote and underserviced areas. With the advent of new technologies and improvement of internet connectivity, telehealth has become a new subject requiring a new understanding of IT devices and how to utilize them to fulfill health needs. The book discusses topics such as digitizing patient information, technology requirements, existing resources, planning for telehealth projects, and primary care and specialized applications. Additionally, it discusses the use of telemedicine for patient empowerment and telecare in remote locations.
Authored by IMIA Telehealth working group, this book is a valuable source for graduate students, healthcare workers, researchers and clinicians interested in using telehealth as part of their practice or research.
- Presents components of healthcare that can be benefitted from remote access and when to rely on them
- Explains the current technologies and tools and how to put them to effective use in daily healthcare
- Provides legal provisions for telehealth implementation, discussing the risks of remote healthcare provision and cross border care
Graduate students in medical informatics and nursing, healthcare workers, researchers interested in telehealth
Section I: Telecare Basics
2. Rationale, History, and Basics of Telehealth
3. Management of Patient Healthcare Information—Healthcare-Related
4. Technology Considerations
Section II: Working Together for Health
5. Platforms for Collaborative Process
6. Patient-Centered Care
7. Maintaining and Sustaining a Telehealth-Based Ecosystem
Section III: Telemedicine
9. Telesupport for the Primary Care Practitioner
10. Telecare within Different Specialties
11. Telecare During Travel and for Special Locations
12. Mobile Health (mHealth)
Section IV: Issues and Future of Telehealth
13. Telemedicine: Medicolegal, Ethical, and Regulatory Issues
14. Disruptive Technologies: Present and Future
15. Worldwide Initiatives
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 8th November 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Sashi Bhushan Gogia is a practising surgeon who has been doing telehealth related activities as part of his day to day work and also overseeing successful telehealth projects as leader of his organization SATHI with multiple publications on the topic. Gogia is past President of APAMI – Asia Pacific Association for Medical Informatics, and President of SATHI – Society for Administration of Telemedicine and Health Informatics, organization that is currently running telemedicine projects in Nepal, North East and Maharashtra/Goa for Tele Ophthalmology and Limb care. He is also member of Bureau of Indian Standards MHD 17 taskforce on Development of Healthcare Informatics Standards and Chairperson of Telehealth Working Group of International Medical Informatics Association – IMIA.
Chairperson IMIA Working Group of Telehealth
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.