Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Fundamentals of Nursing, 1st Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
Unit I: Nursing Basics
1. Nursing, Theory, and Professional Practice
2. Values, Beliefs, and Caring
4. Critical Thinking in Nursing
Unit II: Nursing Process
5. Introduction to the Nursing Process
7. Nursing Diagnosis
9. Implementation and Evaluation
Unit III: Nursing Practice
10. Documentation, Electronic Health Records, and Reporting
11. Ethical and Legal Considerations
12. Leadership and Management
13. Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research
14. Health Literacy and Patient Education
15. Nursing Informatics
16. Health and Wellness
Unit IV: Nursing Assessment
17. Human Development: Conception through Adolescence
18. Human Development: Young Adult through Older Adult
19. Vital Signs
20. Health History and Physical Assessment
21. Ethnicity and Cultural Assessment
22. Spiritual Health
23. Public Health, Community-based, and Home Health Care
24. Human Sexuality
Unit V: Nursing Principles
26. Asepsis and Infection Control
27. Hygiene and Personal Care
28. Activity, Immobility, and Safe Movement
29. Skin Integrity and Wound Care
31. Cognitive and Sensory Alterations
32. Stress and Coping
Unit VI: Nursing Care
34. Diagnostic Testing
35. Medication Administration
36. Pain Management
37. Perioperative Nursing Care
38. Oxygenation and Tissue Perfusion
39. Fluid, Electrolytes, and Acid-Base Balance
40. Bowel Elimination
41. Urinary Elimination
42. Death and Loss
Appendix A: Abbreviations, Roots, Prefixes and Suffixes
Appendix B: NANDA-I Diagnostic Labels
Appendix C: NCLEX-Style Question Study Tips
- © Mosby 2016
- 27th March 2015
- Paperback ISBN: