- Print ISBN 9780444818775
- Electronic ISBN 9780080534701
The present book describes the fundamental principles of both synthesis of inorganic membranes and membrane supports and also the associated phenomena of transport and separation in a semi-quantitative form.
Features of this book:
- Examples are given which illustrate the state-of-the-art in the synthesis of membranes with controlled properties
- Future possibilities and limitations are discussed
- The reader is provided with references to more extended treatments in the literature
- Potential areas for future innovation are indicated.
By combining aspects of both the science and technology of inorganic membranes this book serves as a useful source of information for scientists and engineers working in this field. It also provides some observations of important investigators who have contributed to the development of this subject.