Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Fundamentals of Biologicals Regulation: Vaccines and Biotechnology Medicines serves as an introduction to the international regulatory arena in which biologicals are developed and offers an overview of the processes and insight into the scientific concepts underpinning global regulations. This book will provide multiple levels of readership with guidance on basic concepts, a detailed look at regulatory challenges, and practical insight into how regulators consider regulatory science and regulatory process issues across various regions. With numerous case studies, learning activities, and real-world examples across several classes of biotechnological products, this book is a valuable and comprehensive resource for graduate students, professors, regulatory officials, and industry scientists working with biologicals.
- Provides a broad overview and introduction to the regulatory processes, from product development pathways, through clinical trials and product development stages and beyond
- Includes FDA, EMA, ICH, and WHO recommendations and guidelines so readers can compare and contrast the different regulatory regions with their expectations and understand why they are different
- Contains chapters on some of the exceptions to the process including how biosimilars and in vitro diagnostics are regulated
- Includes numerous case studies, learning activities, and real-world examples across several classes of biotechnological products
Graduate students and professors in biotechnology, pharmaceutical science and regulatory science programs, regulatory officials, industry professionals
Section I: Regulatory Process
2. Discovery and Development of Biologicals
3. International Harmonization
4. Pre-IND Profess, Guidance from Regulators in Advance of a Clinical Trials Application
5. Clinical Trials Approvals and Investigational New Drug Applications
6. Marketing Authorization Processes
7. Special Regulatory Programs
8. Post-Marketing Changes to an Approved Application or Variations
9. Compliance and Inspections
10. Good "X" Practices
Section II: Regulatory Science
11. Preclinical Safety and Toxicology
12. Preclinical Proof-of-Concept and Pharmacology, Animal Use Ethics
13. Genetically Modified Organisms and Institutional Biosafety Committees
14. Risk Assessments
15. Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls Information (CMC) and Process Validation
16. Analytics, Analytical Validation, Lot Release, and National Control Laboratories
17. Regulatory Aspects of Clinical Trials
18. Ethics of Clinical Trials and the Informed Consent Process
19. Institutional Review Board Processes (Ethics Committees)
21. In Vitro Diagnostics
22. Regulatory Policy and Public Health Policy
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2017
- 1st December 2017
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
• Currently a board member and Executive Committee Member (Vice President for Human Biologicals) of the International Alliance of Biologicals Standardization • Former Vaccine Scientific and Regulatory Specialist at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases • Served 9 years as a Scientific Reviewer in the Viral Vaccines branch of the Division of Vaccines and Related Products Applications at the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research at the FDA • From 2006-2014, served as Co-Chair of the World Health Organization’s Study Group on Cell Substrates and as Chair of the Adventitious Agents Sub-committee.
Principal Consultant and Subject Matter Expert, Grimalkin Partners, Silver Spring, MD; Adjunct Professor, Catholic University of America
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.