Fundamentals of Advanced Mathematics, Volume 2: Field Extensions, Topology and Topological Vector Spaces, Functional Spaces, and Sheaves begins with the classical Galois theory and the theory of transcendental field extensions. Next, the differential side of these theories is treated, including the differential Galois theory (Picard-Vessiot theory of systems of linear differential equations with time-varying coefficients) and differentially transcendental field extensions. The treatment of analysis includes topology (using both filters and nets), topological vector spaces (using the notion of disked space, which simplifies the theory of duality), and the radon measure (assuming that the usual theory of measure and integration is known).
In addition, the theory of sheaves is developed with application to the theory of distributions and the theory of hyperfunctions (assuming that the usual theory of functions of the complex variable is known). This volume is the prerequisite to the study of linear systems with time-varying coefficients from the point-of-view of algebraic analysis and the algebraic theory of nonlinear systems.
- Present Galois Theory, transcendental field extensions, and Picard
- Includes sections on Vessiot theory, differentially transcendental field extensions, topology, topological vector spaces, Radon measure, differential calculus in Banach spaces, sheaves, distributions, hyperfunctions, algebraic analysis, and local analysis of systems of linear differential equations
Graduate students in Systems Theory, Robotics, Physics or Mathematics, research engineers in Automation control and/or robotics, assistant professors and professors in Automation control and/or robotics
- Field Extensions and Differential Field Extensions
- General Topology
- Topological Vector Spaces
- Measure and Integration, Function Spaces
- No. of pages:
- © ISTE Press - Elsevier 2018
- 1st April 2018
- ISTE Press - Elsevier
- Hardcover ISBN:
Henri Bourlès is Full Professor and Chair at the Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers, Paris, France.
Conservatoire National des Arts et Metiers, France