Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Fundamentals and Emerging Applications of Polyaniline presents in-depth coverage of synthetic routes, characterization tools, experimental procedures, and the preparation of PANI-based materials for advanced applications. Sections examine the various synthetic routes available for the polymerization of aniline, covering both conventional methods and new approaches, specific PANI-based materials, and their potential applications. Users will be able to understand how to use these methods in areas such as electromagnetic interference shielding, rechargeable batteries, light emitting diodes, super capacitors, anti-static packaging and coatings, photonics, biomedical applications, chemical and biochemical sensors.
This is a highly valuable source of information for researchers, scientists and graduate students in polymer science, polymer composites, polymer chemistry, nanotechnology, physics and materials science.
- Covers the latest synthetic approaches, such as ultrasound-assisted polymerization, irradiation path and electrochemical polymerization
- Offers detailed information on PANI-based composites, including graphene, CNT and functionalized polyaniline
- Explains how different PANI-based materials can be geared for specific cutting-edge applications across a range of fields
Academic: Researchers, scientists, and graduate students in polymer science, polymer composites, polymer chemistry, nanotechnology, physics, and materials science. Industry: Scientists, R&D professionals, and engineers working with polyaniline or polyaniline-based materials for new products or applications
1. Polyaniline: An introduction and overview
2. Synthetic route of polyaniline (I): Conventional oxidative polymerization
3. Synthetic route of PANI (II): Enzymatic method
4. Synthetic route of PANI (III): Ultrasound-assisted polymerization
5. Synthetic route of Polyaniline (IV): Irradiation path
6. Synthetic route of PANI (V): Electrochemical polymerization
7. PANI-based nanostructures
8. Polyaniline/metal oxides nanocomposites
9. PANI-CNT nanocomposites
10. Polyaniline/graphene-based nanocomposites
11. Functionalized polyaniline and composites
12. Advanced characterization tools for PANI and PANI-clay nanocomposites
13. Experimental procedures for assessing electrical and thermal conductivity of polyaniline
14. Application of polyaniline and its derivatives
15. Polyaniline: Future perspectives
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 8th August 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Masoud Mozafari is Assistant Professor and Director of the Bioengineering Lab, at the Nanotechnology and Advanced Materials Department, Materials and Energy Research Center, Cellular and Molecular Research Center, and Department of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine of the Iran University of Medical Sciences (IUMS), Tehran, Iran. Dr. Mozafari’s research interests range across biomaterials, nanotechnology, and tissue engineering, and he is known for the development of strategies for the treatment of damaged tissues and organs, and controlling biological substances for targeted delivery into the human body. Dr. Mozafari has received several awards, including the Khwarizmi Award and the Julia Polak European Doctorate Award for outstanding translational research contributions to the field of biomaterials. He has also received the WIPO Medal for Inventors from The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), in recognition of his contributions to economic and technological development. Dr. Mozafari is currently working on the editorial board of several journals.
Iran University of Medical Sciences (IUMS), Tehran, Iran
Dr. Narendra P.S. Chauhan is Assistant Professor at the Department of Chemistry, Bhupal Nobles University, Udaipur, India. Dr. Chauhan’s research interests include conducting polymers, polymerization, polymeric materials, polymer synthesis, material characterization, nanocomposites, and biopolymers. Dr. Chauhan has worked as editor or author on 3 published books, in the areas of biocidal polymers, polyaniline, and inorganic and organometallic polymers, as well as contributing to numerous journal articles and book chapters on functionalized polymers and related topics.
Bhupal Nobles' University