Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Metallic Biomaterials: state of the art and new challenges
2. Degradable metallic biomaterials: the concept, current developments and future directions
3. Theory modelling and stimulation of metallic biomaterials
4. Micro- and Nanopatterning of Biomaterial Surfaces
5. Bioactive metallic surfaces for bone tissue engineering
6. Wear Characteristics and Fatigue behavior of Metallic Biomaterials
7. Degradable metallic biomaterials for cardiovascular applications
8. Nanostructured Biomimetic, Bioresponsive, and Bioactive Biomaterials
9. Metallic biomaterials for dental implant systems
10. Enhancing the mechanical and biological performance of a metallic biomaterial for orthopedic applications
11. Interface Influence of Materials and Surface Modifications
12. Metallic biomaterials for bone support and replacement
13. Surface modification of metallic bone implants-porous coating for bone ingrowth
14. Biomaterials and Biotechnology Schemes Utilizing TiO2 Nanotube Arrays
15. Optical Detection of Protein Adsorption on Doped Titanium Surface
16. Biocompatible coatings for metallic biomaterials
17. Magnesium and its alloys as orthopedic biomaterials
18. Orthopedical and biomedical applications of titanium and zirconium metals
19. The Use of Porous Tantalum for Reconstructing Bone Loss in Orthopaedic Surgery
20. Reactions of metal in human body and cytotoxicity of metallic biomaterials
21. Ti-Based Bulk Metallic Glasses for Biomedical Applications
22. Life cycle analysis of metallic biomaterials
Fundamental Biomaterials: Metals provides current information on the development of metals and their conversion from base materials to medical devices. Chapters analyze the properties of metals and discuss a range of biomedical applications, with a focus on orthopedics. While the book will be of great use to researchers and professionals in the development stages of design for more appropriate target materials, it will also help medical researchers understand, and more effectively communicate, the requirements for a specific application. With the recent introduction of a number of interdisciplinary bio-related undergraduate and graduate programs, this book will be an appropriate reference volume for students.
It represents the second volume in a three volume set, each of which reviews the most important and commonly used classes of biomaterials, providing comprehensive information on materials properties, behavior, biocompatibility and applications.
- Provides current information on metals and their conversion from base materials to medical devices
- Includes analyses of types of metals, discussion of a range of biomedical applications, and essential information on corrosion, degradation and wear and lifetime prediction of metal biomaterials
- Explores both theoretical and practical aspects of metals in biomaterials
Materials scientists, biomedical engineers, medical professionals working in device and application design and orthopaedics
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 19th July 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Sabu Thomas is Vice Chancellor and Professor of Polymer Science and Engineering at the School of Chemical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, India. He is the author or co-author of over 1000 papers that have been cited over 47,000 times, holds 3 patents, has supervised over 100 PhDs, and has authored or edited over 100 books. His research interests include polymer blends, fiber-filled polymer composites, particulate filled polymer composites, ageing and degradation, and more.
Vice Chancellor, Mahatma Gandhi University, and Director of the School of Energy Materials, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India.
Preetha Balakrishnan is Principal Scientist at ADSO Naturals Private Limited, Banglore, Karnataka, India. Her area of interest is Polymer Science incorporating Nano materials, and topic of research is Starch based nanocomposites at IIUCNN, M.G. University, Kottayam, in the group of Prof. Sabu Thomas.
Principal Scientist, ADSO Naturals Private Limited, Banglore, Karnataka, India
Dr. M.S. Sreekala is Assistant Professor, Post Graduate Department of Chemistry, Sree Sankara College Kalady, India. An active researcher in the field of polymer science and technology, she is editor of 6 books, and has more than 47 research publications to her name. She is a fellow of JSPS (Japan Post-Doctoral Fellowship) and AvH Fellow (Germany).
Assistant Professor, Post Graduate Department of Chemistry, Sree Sankara College Kalady, Kalady, Kerala, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.