Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Ceramic Biomaterials: An Introductory overview
2. Development of a Ceramic-Controlled Piezoelectric of Single Disc for Biomedical Applications
3. Ceramics as biomaterials for dental restoration
4. Ceramic biomaterials for tissue engineering
5. Inert ceramics
6. Bioactive glass ceramics
7. Bioceramics as drug delivery system
8. Bioceramics in orthopaedics
9. Mesoporous Ceramics as Drug Delivery Systems
10. Corrosion of Ceramic Materials
11. Nanostructural Bioceramics and applications
12. Bioactive Glass-Ceramic Scaffolds with High-Strength for Orthopedic Applications
13. Synthesis, Microstructure and Properties of High-Strength Porous Ceramics
14. Characterization and stability of bioactive ceramic composite material and bonding to bone
15. Optical behavior of current ceramic systems
16. Long-term clinical success of all-ceramic posterior restorations
17. Reducing the failure potential of ceramic-based restorations: Ceramic inlays, crowns, veneers, and bridges
18. Recent developments in restorative dental ceramics
19. Degradative effects of the biological environment on ceramics
20. Toxicity of Nanomaterials for Biomedical Applications
Fundamental Biomaterials: Ceramics provides current information on ceramics and their conversion from base materials to medical devices. Initial chapters review biomedical applications and types of ceramics, with subsequent sections focusing on the properties of ceramics, and on corrosion, degradation and wear of ceramic biomaterials. The book is ideal for researchers and professionals in the development stages of design, but is also helpful to medical researchers who need to understand and communicate the requirements of a biomaterial for a specific application.
This title is the second in a three volume set, with each reviewing the most important and commonly used classes of biomaterials and providing comprehensive information on material properties, behavior, biocompatibility and applications. In addition, with the recent introduction of a number of interdisciplinary bio-related undergraduate and graduate programs, this book will be an appropriate reference volume for large number of students at undergraduate and post graduate levels
- Provides current information on findings and developments of ceramics and their conversion from base materials to medical devices
- Includes analyses of the types of ceramics and a discussion of a range of biomedical applications and essential properties, including information on corrosion, degradation and wear, and lifetime prediction of ceramic biomaterials
- Explores both theoretical and practical aspects of ceramics in biomaterials
Materials scientists, biomedical engineers
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 16th February 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Sabu Thomas is Vice Chancellor and Professor of Polymer Science and Engineering at the School of Chemical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, India. He is the author or co-author of over 1000 papers that have been cited over 47,000 times, holds 3 patents, has supervised over 100 PhDs, and has authored or edited over 100 books. His research interests include polymer blends, fiber-filled polymer composites, particulate filled polymer composites, ageing and degradation, and more.
Vice Chancellor, Mahatma Gandhi University, and Director of the School of Energy Materials, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India.
Preetha Balakrishnan is Principal Scientist at ADSO Naturals Private Limited, Banglore, Karnataka, India. Her area of interest is Polymer Science incorporating Nano materials, and topic of research is Starch based nanocomposites at IIUCNN, M.G. University, Kottayam, in the group of Prof. Sabu Thomas.
Principal Scientist, ADSO Naturals Private Limited, Banglore, Karnataka, India
Dr. M.S. Sreekala is Assistant Professor, Post Graduate Department of Chemistry, Sree Sankara College Kalady, India. An active researcher in the field of polymer science and technology, she is editor of 6 books, and has more than 47 research publications to her name. She is a fellow of JSPS (Japan Post-Doctoral Fellowship) and AvH Fellow (Germany).
Assistant Professor, Post Graduate Department of Chemistry, Sree Sankara College Kalady, Kalady, Kerala, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.