- Over 200 illustrations, tables, and special features clarify developmental concepts, address clinical implications, and summarize key points relating to clinical practice.
- A focus on evidence-based information covers development changes across the life span and how they impact function.
- A logical, easy-to-read format includes 15 chapters organized into three units covering basics, body systems, and age-related functional outcomes respectively.
1. Functional independence: a lifelong goal
2. Theories affecting development
3. Motor development and motor control
4. Motor learning and motor control
5. Evaluation of function
Unit 2: Body systems contributing to functional movement
6. Skeletal system changes
7. Muscle system changes
8. Cardiovascular and pulmonary system changes
9. Nervous system changes
10. Sensory system changes
Unit 3: Functional movement outcomes
11. Vital functions
12. Posture and balance
15. Health and fitness