Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Functional and Clinical Neuroanatomy: A Guide for Health Care Professionals is a comprehensive, yet easy-to read, introduction to neuroanatomy that covers the structures and functions of the central, peripheral and autonomic nervous systems. The book also focuses on the clinical presentation of disease processes involving specific structures. It is the first review of clinical neuroanatomy that is written specifically for nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, medical students and medical assistants who work in the field of neurology. It will also be an invaluable resource for graduate and postgraduate students in neuroscience.
With 22 chapters, including two that provide complete neurological examinations and diagnostic evaluations, this book is an ideal resource for health care professionals across a wide variety of disciplines.
- Written specifically for "mid-level" providers in the field of neurology
- Provides an up-to-date review of clinical neuroanatomy based on the latest guidelines
- Provides a logical, step-by-step introduction to neuroanatomy
- Offers hundreds of full-color figures to illustrate important concepts
- Highlights key subjects in "Focus On" boxes
- Includes Section Reviews at critical points in the text of each chapter
Neuroscientists, neuroanatomists, neurophysiologists, and those working in behavioral neuroscience or neuropharmacology
3. Gross Anatomy of the Brain
4. Meninges and Ventricles
5. Blood Supply of the CNS
6. Cerebral Cortex
7. Basal Nuclei
8. Diencephalon: Thalamus and Hypothalamus
10. Cranial Nerves
11. Trigeminal and Facial Nerves
12. Auditory System
13. Auditory System Lesions and Disorders
14. Visual System
15. Limbic, Olfactory, and Gustatory Systems
17. Autonomic Nervous System
19. Spinal Cord
20. Spinal Cord Lesions and Disorders
21. Complete Neurological Exam
22. Neurologic Diagnostic Procedures
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 1st March 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Moini taught medical and allied health students for 39 years. For 29 of these years, he taught anatomy and pathophysiology. He was assistant professor at Tehran University, Medical School, Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, for nine years. For 18 years, he was the Director of Epidemiology for the Brevard County Health Department. For 15 years, he was the Director of Science and Health for Everest University in Melbourne FL. He was also a Professor of Science and Health at Everest for a total of 24 years. For 6 years, he was a Professor of Science and Health at Eastern Florida State College, but is now retired. Since 1999, he has been an international author of 38 books.
Professor of Science and Health (retired), Eastern Florida State College, Palm Bay, FL, USA
Dr. Pirouz Piran is currently serving as a clinical and research neuro-critical care fellow physician at the Johns Hopkins University hospital. He finished his vascular neurology fellowship training at the Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City. His neurology residency training was at the Cleveland Clinic in Florida where he served as the chief resident during his final year. Dr. Piran received his medical degree from Behshti University of Medical Sciences in Tehran, Iran.
Clinical and Research Neurologist, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA