As electricity generators and process industries are increasingly seeking less expensive fuels for the generation of electricity and process heat, there is an ever-increasing industry-led emphasise on exploring the possibility of utilising opportunity fuels. This book considers a diverse range of opportunity fuels and their application by addressing the following fundamental issues:
* What are the specific fuel properties of these opportunity fuels?
* What are the combustion/conversion characteristics of these fuels fired alone or in combination with conventional fossil fuels?
* How are they best applied in energy settings?
* What are the technical and environmental consequences of their use?
In considering these fuels the book presents detailed updated information on fuel characterization approaches and fuel utilization technologies.
- Explores environmental considerations associated with opportunity fuels, such as, how their utilisation of opportunity fuels can reduce airborne emissions
- Provides professionals in energy generation/energy use industries, a clear definition of fuels of opportunity, evaluates their composition, highlights the modern characteristics, and considers the technologies appropriate for their utilisation in energy applications
- Offers in-depth analysis of opportunity fuel usage, with a strong concentration on the relationship between the combustion processes and subsequent consequences to the structure, reactivity, and related properties of opportunity fuels
Mechanical and chemical engineers involved in energy generation/energy use and fuel specialists
Overview of Opportunity Fuels; Petroleum Coke and Petroleum-Based Products as Opportunity Fuels; Coal-Water Slurries and Related Waste Coal Opportunity Fuels; Woody Biomass Opportunity Fuels; Herbaceous and Agricultural Biomass Opportunity Fuels; Tire-Derived Fuel as an Opportunity Fuel; Gaseous and Liquid Opportunity Fuel
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2004
- 20th January 2004
- Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
NS Harding & Associates, Salt Lake City, USA