Regulatory Issues, Epidemiology, and Emerging Viruses
1. Current issues in the regulation and approval of antiviral drugs for hepatitis (B.A. Styrt, R. Fleischer, T. Wu, H.M. Jolson).
2. Molecular and serum epidemiology of HBV and HCV infection and the impact of antiviral agents in China (Xuefeng Liu, R.F. Schinazi).
3. New viruses and their relationship to hepatitis (H.J. Alter).
Immunology and Vaccines
4. Virus-specific CD8+ cell immune responses in acute and chronic hepatitis B virus infection (G.J.M. Webster, G.M. Dusheiko).
5. Cell-mediated immunity and the outcome of HCV infection in chimpanzees (C.M. Walker).
6. Adoptive immune transfer as a therapeutic approach for persistent hepatitis B virus infection (D. Shouval).
7. Perspectives in HCV vaccine development (E. Depla).
Viral Hepatitis B and C Infections In Children
8. Maternal/fetal/pediatric HBV and HCV infections (R.A. Schreiber).
9. Effects of interferon treatment in children with post-transfusional chronic hepatitis B (M. Pop, et al.).
Genetics, Pathology and Viral Diagnosis
10. Effects of genotypic variations on hepatitis C virus nonstructural protein 5B structure and activity (Zhi Hong, et al.).
11. Compartmentalization of hepatitis C viral quasispecies (Xiaofeng Fan, A.C. Lyra, A.M. DiBisceglie).
12. In situ localization of PCR-amplified hepatitis C Virus RNA on human erythrocytes (S. Simon, et al.).
13. Nucleic acid-based antiviral approaches to HBV (H.C. Spangenberg, J.R. Wands).
14. In vitro phenotype of HBV variants in patients with fulminant hepatitis B (M. Sterneck, T. Kalinina).
15. Evaluation o