* Discusses lessons learned from past successes and applications to ongoing work
* Explores the future of this field
Table of Contents
- Seeing the Brain so We Can Save it: The Evolution of Magnetic Resonance Imaging as a Clinical Tool; Advances in the Acute Treatment and Secondary Prevention of Stroke; Neuro-Intensive Care and the Therapeutic Transformation of Neurology; Preserving Function in Acute Nervous System Injury; Slowing the Progression of Multiple Sclerosis; The Emergence of Neurosurgical Approaches to the Treatment of Epilepsy; The Neurobiology of Migraine and the Transformation of Headache Therapy; Botulinum toxins: Transformation of a toxin into a treatment; Prospects for Slowing the Progression of Parkinson's Disease; Current Neurosurgical Treatments for Parkinson's Disease: Where did they come from?; Treatable Peripheral Neuropathies: Plasma Exchange, Intravenous Immunoglobulin and Other Emerging Therapies; Molecular Pharmacology and the Treatment of Tourette's Syndrome and Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder; Depression and Anxiety; Moving Toward the Clinic: Evolving Themes and Technologies; Genomics, Proteomics, and Neurology; Neuroprotection: Where are we going?; Prospects for Gene Therapy for Central Nervous System Disease; Therapeutics Development for Hereditary Neurological Diseases; Inherited Channelopathies of the CNS: Lessons for Clinical Neurology; Inherited Channelopathies of Muscle: Implications for Therapy; Transcriptional Channelopathies of the Nervous System: New Targets for Molecular Medicine; New Molecular Targets for the Treatment of Neuropathic Pain; Therapeutic Transfer and Regeneration of Neural Progenitors or Neurons in Gray Matter of the Adult Brain; Cellular Plasticity of the Adult Human Brain; Harnessing Endogenous Stem Cells for Central Nervous System Repair; Neuropathies - Translating Causes into Treatment; Therapeutic Potential of Neurotrophic Factors; Promoting Regeneration of Axons within the Central Nervous System; Alzheimer's Disease: Clinical Features: Neuropathological and Biochemical Abnormalitites, Genetics, Models, and Experimental Therapeutics; Behavioral Intervention and Recovery from CNS Damage; What Functional Brain Imaging will Mean for Neurology.
- No. of pages: 552
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2004
- Published: October 15, 2004
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080506982
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "From Neuroscience to Neurology"