- Presents a full view of artemisinin, not only its origin and development, but also chemical structure, chemical properties, extracting mode, derivatives, chromogenic reaction, general pharmacological, and toxicology.
- Provides many aspects of artemisinin-based drugs
- Incudes lots of experimental data, such as the X-ray crystallography result—the first application reported in China in determining the absolute molecular configuration utilizing the scattering effects of oxygen atoms by X-ray diffraction technique
Pharmaceutical Researchers; Pharmacy students (masters students and Ph. D. students); Readers who are interested in Pharmaceuticals
Table of Contents
Part I: Artemisia Annua L.
1. Traditional Chinese medicine’s view on artemisia annua L. and its anti-malarial activity
2. Analysis of artemisia annua L. and other commercial artemisia species
3. Anti-malarial studies of artemisia annua L.
4. Advances in chemical components studies in artemisia annua L. (update)
5. Analysis and quality control of artemisia annua L.
6. Pharmacological activities of artemisia annua L. beyond antimalarial
7. Metabolic engineering studies of artemisia annua L.(update)
8. Cultivation and breeding of artemisia annua L. (update)
Part II: Artemisinin
1. Introduction of artemisinin
2. Chemical structure and properties of artemisinin
3. Quantitative analysis of artemisinin(update)
4. Extraction of artemisinin from artemisia annua L.
5. Synthesis of artemisinin
6. Pharmacological activities of artemisinin
7. Toxicological studies of artemisinin
8. Clinical studies of artemisinin
Part III: Dihydroartemisinin
1. Introduction of dihydroartemisinin
2. Preparation and structural identification of dihydroartemisinin
3. Quantitative analysis and quality standards of dihydroartemisinin
4. Pharmacological activities of dihydroartemisinin
5. Toxicological studies of dihydroartemisinin
6. Clinical studies of dihydroartemisinin
Part IV: Other artemisinin derivatives
1. Other artemisinin derivatives
2. Advances in anti-malarial activity of artemisinins
3. Advances in artemisinin derivatives and structurally related compounds
4. Advanced in pharmacological activities of artemisinin derivatives beyond anti-malarial
- No. of pages: 468
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2017
- Published: July 3, 2017
- Imprint: Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780128116555
- eBook ISBN: 9780128116562
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "From Artemisia annua L. to Artemisinins"