Table of Contents
- Preface. Part I. (published as a special issue of Nuclear Instruments and Methods A vol. 407/1-3.) Sections: I. FEL price talk and new lasings. II. Theory and modeling of FELs. III. Experiments in progress. IV. Storage-ring FELs. V. SASE and high-gain short-wavelength FELs. VI. Accelerator technology for FELS. VII. Optics and undulator technology. VIII. New concepts and trends. IX. Applications. Part II. Study of detuning effect in FIR FEL oscillator with Maxwell-Lorentz coupled 1-D equations (S.K. Kim et al.). Simulation of a regenerative MW FEL amplifier (R.T. Nguyen et al.). High power free-electron laser with narrow line-width generated from a MOPA (X. Shu). The features of CAEP FIR-FEL oscillator with strip gratings resonator (Y. Jiang). Gain of free electron laser for a combined helical wiggler with an axial guide magnetic field near magnetoresonance (J. Yu). Far infrared free electron laser efficiency enhancement with reverse tapering waveguide (E. Fu, S. Hu). Free electron laser saturated regime, cavity and energy modulation (G. Dattoli). Large harmonic radiation by post-accelerating the bunched electron beam (Y. Yang, W. Ding). Simulation of an infrared free electron laser on Tohoku Linac (B. Feng et al.). Michelson resonator for suppression of chaotic lasing in short-pulse FEL oscillators (R. Hajima, S. Kondo). Simulations of the LANL regenerative amplifier FEL (M. Kesselring et al.). Spontaneous emission in the Twente Raman Free-Electron laser (P. Zambon, P.J.M. van der Slot, W.J. Witteman). A tapered wiggler with pre-increased magnetic field (Y. Huang, M.C. Wang, Z.J. Wang). Profiling simulations of electron vs. X-ray beams in an FEL using a novel diffractive scanning wire geometry (R. Tatchyn). Tunable coherent radiation of ultra-narrow bandwidth with a short-pulse FEL (H.H. Weits, D. Oepts). A far infrared free electron laser with wavelength of 500-1000 &mgr; (K.-S. Hu et al.). Electron bunch phase stability and optical interpulse coherence in FELIX (D. Oepts, H.H. Weits). Status report on Jefferson Lab's high-power infrared free-electron laser (C.L. Bohn). Beating the Fourier transform limit with an FEL (T.I. Smith). Cavity losses and extraction efficiencies in a short-pulse infrared free-electron laser (A.M. MacLeod et al.). Experimental study of Smith-Purcell free electron laser (T. Mizuno et al.). Recent progresses and preliminary results of the quasi-CW or long-pulse operation in the JAERI superconducting rf linac-based FEL (E.J. Minehara et al.). Operations and reliability upgrades to the Vanderbilt free-electron laser (W.E. Gabella). Controlling cavity detuning in free-electron lasers (S.-B. Song et al.). The status of storage-ring FEL project in NSRL (D. He et al.). Numerical simulation of the harmonic generation in the optical klystron of NSRL (C. Diao et al.). A study of a storage ring free electron laser at Tohoku University (B. Feng et al.). Novel undulator for synchrotron radiation and FEL (G. Lee, D. He). Efficiency increasing of SASE mode FEL induced by slippage compensation (A.A. Varfolomeev, T.V. Yarovoi). Application of Fourier spectroscopy in numerical simulations for precise reconstruction of the radiation spectrum from SASE FEL (E.L. Saldin, E.A. Schneidmiller, M.V. Yurkov). PTwo-stage SASE FEL as fully coherent X-ray laser (J. Feldhaus et al.). Preliminary tests of the optical diagnostics for the APS low-energy undulator test line particle beam (A.H. Lumpkin et al.). The Linac coherent light source project at SLAC (V.K. Bharadwaj). Numerical study of performance limitations of X-ray free electron laser operation due to quantum fluctuation of undulator radiation (S. Reiche et al.). High brightness photoinjector development at the SLAC Gun Test Facility (J.F. Schmerge et al.). Experimental results from a DC photocathode electron gun for an IR FEL (D. Kehne et al.). Progress on the study of self-interaction of a bunch in a bend (R. Li, C.L. Bohn, J.J. Bisognano). A new method for ultrashort electron pulse-shape measurement using synchrotron radiation from a bending magnet (J. Krzywinski et al.). High-yield metal materials for photocathode RF gun (X.J. Wang et al.). Design consequences of coherent synchrotron radiation beam dynamic effects on the TTF-FEL bunch compression system (M. Dohlus, A. Kabel, T. Limberg). Beam dynamics of the DESY FEL photoinjector simulated with MAFIA and PARMELA (M. Zhang). Current improvement of a pseudo-produced electron beam (M.C. Wang et al.). Investigation of photocathode (Z.-H. Li et al.). L-band, 1+1/2 cell microwave gun with a LaB
6thermionic cathode (X. Liu et al.). Design of high power model cavity for RF gun (T. Taniuchi et al.). Beam transport experiments for a mm-wave FEL (S. Maebara et al.). Preliminary study on electron beam source using tungsten field emission cathode (Y. Tokura et al.). Conditioning of the 125 MeV FEL linac at Nihon University (T. Tanaka et al.). Linac-based FEL in SPring-8 (H. Yokomizo et al.). Preliminary observation of electron emission from ferroelectric ceramics excited by a 532 nm - 30 picosecond laser pulse (I. Boscolo et al.). Pulse shape measurements of the Stanford mid-infrared free electron laser using differential optical gating (C.W. Bella et al.). Single shot non-perturbate electron beam characterization with a microwiggler (P. Catravas et al.). Research on a new type of high harmonic component wiggler (J. Zeng, J. Zhuang). The simulation investigation of TOK spontaneous emission and phase shimming on NSRL (H. Xu et al.). An expression for phase deviation of undulator (Q.-K. Jia). Nonlinear study of free-electron laser pumped by electromagnetic-wave wiggler with an axial guide magnetic field (L. Wang, S.-C. Zhang). Design of a Ka-band free electron maser oscillator with a two-dimensional Bragg cavity (N.S. Ginzburg et al.). Hybrid planar wiggler for higher harmonic lasing (Y. Tsunawaki et al.). Methods of precise measurement of magnetic field and its correction in helical undulators (V.A. Papadichev, I.V. Sinilshchikova, O.A. Smith). The Stanford Picosecond FEL Center: status report (R.L. Swent et al.). Development of &ggr;-ray source by Compton scattering in a supercavity (A. Moon et al.). Laser-electron storage ring as a compact source of high-intensity X-rays (Z. Huang, R.D. Ruth). Two-potential scattering theory of spontaneous emission in FEL (B. Chen, W. Ding, X. Shu). Three-dimensional magnetic field distributions of a planar pulse microwiggler (Y. Xu, W. Ding, X.W. Du). Investigation of a gas-filled free-electron laser pumped by a relativistic backward-wave oscillator without magnetic field (Z. Yang et al.). Study on wave beam splitting in stepped rectangular waveguide (D. Li, Z. Liang). Applications of free electron lasers in materials science (G. Ling et al.). Activities of four FEL facilities at the FELI (T. Tomimasu et al.). Author index.
- Language: English
- Copyright: © North Holland 1998
- Published: August 20, 1998
- Imprint: North Holland
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780444829788
- eBook ISBN: 9780080933535
About the Editors
Affiliations and Expertise
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Free Electron Lasers 1997"