Recognized experts from around the world bring you “cutting-edge” guidance on the treatment of distal radius fractures and carpal injuries. Practical and comprehensive, you’ll find detailed coverage of the treatment and causes of ulnar sided wrist pain, as well as the latest arthroscopic and mini-invasive techniques for the fixation of both distal radius fractures and scaphoid fractures. The user-friendly format features practical tips, pearls, and potential pitfalls to help optimize outcomes. Best of all, intraoperative videos of 44 techniques available on DVD and online make this an outstanding multimedia guide for the treatment of these challenging fractures.
- Uses real cases to illustrate diagnostic decision-making, nonsurgical and surgical management and care, and outcomes measurement for a variety of complex distal radius fractures, as well as 44 videos—over two hours—of procedures all on the DVD and website.
- Includes the fully-searchable text online for quick and easy access to the information you need.
- Covers distal radius fractures from imaging and classification to the new locking plate designs, emerging nonplate alternatives such as intramedullary and T-pin fixation, and newer nonbridging external fixators for intra-articular fractures to provide you with the latest developments in the field.
- Presents material in a concise, practical format for an ideal review before surgery.
- Provides a visual display of intraoperative procedures through full-color images and photographs.
- Features additional chapters—Role of Advanced Imaging in Distal Radius Fractures, Patient-focused Wrist Outcome Instrument, Biomechanics and Biology of Plate Fixation of Distal Radius Fractures, Micronail, Rehabilitation Following Distal Radius Fractures: a biomechanical/procedure specific approach, Use of Thermal Shrinkage – Biology and applications, Arthroscopic Thermal Shrinkage for Scapholunate Ligament Injuries, Rehabilitation following Carpal Injury, Reconstruction of the Distal Radius Facet by a Free Vascularized Ostechondral Graft—online for even more value.
1. History of Treatment of Distal Radius Fractures, Jeffrey Yao M.D.
2. Role of Casting of Distal Radius Fractures, Joseph Dias M.D.
II. Anatomy, Imaging and Outcomes
3. Use Of Standard X-rays And Classification Systems In Guiding Treatment, Robert J. Medoff M.D.
DVD - 1. Role of Advanced Imaging in Distal Radius Fractures, William Morrison M.D.
4. Distal Radius Fracture Database/ Design rationale for locking plates, Matthew Putnam M.D.
5. Predicting The Outcome Of Distal Radius Fractures, David J. Slutsky
DVD - 2. Patient-focused Wrist Outcome Instrument, Andrea E. Bialocerkowski PhD
III. External Fixation
6. Bridging External Fixation with pin augmentation, Scott Wolfe M.D., Lana Kang M.D., VIDEO
7. Cross pin fixation with CPX, M. Ather Mirza M.D., VIDEO
8. External Fixation, David J. Slutsky Torrance, VIDEO
IV. Plate Fixation
DVD - 3. Biomechanics and Biology of Plate Fixation of Distal Radius Fractures, Allan E. Freeland M.D.
9. Surgical approaches from an angiosomal perspective, Michael R. Hausman M.D., VIDEO
10. Dorsal Plate Fixation. Ronaldo S.Carneiro M.D.
11. Combination Plating of Distal Radius Fractures, Daniel Rikli, MD
12. Fragment Specific Internal Fixation of Distal Radius Fractures, Robert Medoff M.D., VIDEO
13. Volar Plate Fixation, Alejandro Badia M.D., VIDEO
14. Volar Rim and Barton’s Fractures, Jesse E. Jupiter M.D., VIDEO
15. Pediatric Distal Radius Fractures, Scott H. Kozin M.D.
16. Anatomy of the Radius and pitfalls with Locking Plate Fixation, David Nelson M.D.
V. Alternatives to Internal Fixation
17. Kapandji Pinning of Distal Radius Fractures, Graham King M.D., Ruby Grewal M.D., VIDEO
18. Percutaneous T-pin fixation, John Taras M.D., VIDEO
DVD - 4. Micronail,
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2009
- 12th December 2008
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopedics at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, University of California Los Angeles, and Clinical Professor of Electrophysiology at Rocky Mountain University of Health Professionals in Provo, Utah Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
Chairman, Division of Hand Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University; Director, Philadelphia Hand Center and Fellowship Program, Philadelphia, PA