- DSM-5 criteria are used in the descriptions of all mental health disorders.
- Sample client care plans show how members of the health care team work collaboratively to meet client needs.
- Case studies provide realistic client scenarios that illustrate chapter concepts and strengthen critical thinking.
- Therapeutic interventions include multidisciplinary and holistic treatment, medical management, application of the nursing process, and pharmacologic therapy.
- Critical Thinking boxes contain thought-provoking client issues and questions, helping you develop skills in clinical reasoning.
- Drug Alert boxes identify the risks and possible adverse reactions of psychotherapeutic medications.
- Cultural Consideration boxes highlight cultural issues and address the mental health needs of culturally diverse clients.
- Get Ready for the NCLEX® Examination sections include key points, additional learning resources, and NCLEX-PN review questions with answers on the Evolve website, all designed to prepare you for success on classroom and licensure exams.
- Key terms at the beginning of each chapter introduce difficult medical, nursing, or scientific terms, and include page number references and phonetic pronunciations.
- Study Guide on the Evolve website reinforces your understanding of important concepts from the text. Included free with textbook purchase.
- No. of pages: 480
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Mosby 2022
- Published: September 2, 2022
- Imprint: Mosby
- Paperback ISBN: 9780323810296
- Paperback ISBN: 9780443111556
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Foundations of Mental Health Care"