Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Foundations of Maternal-Newborn and Women's Health Nursing, 6th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
Part I: Foundations for Nursing Care of Childbearing Families
1. Maternity and Women’s Health Care Today
2. The Nurse’s Role in Maternity and Women’s Health Care
3. Ethical, Social, and Legal Issues
4. Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology
5. Hereditary and Environmental Influences on Childbearing
Part II: The Family Before Birth
6. Conception and Prenatal Development
7. Physiologic Adaptations to Pregnancy
8. Psychosocial Adaptations to Pregnancy
9. Nutrition for Childbearing
10. Antepartum Fetal Assessment
11. Perinatal Education
Part III: The Family During Birth
12. Processes of Birth
13. Nursing Care During Labor and Birth
14. Intrapartum Fetal Surveillance
15. Pain Management During Childbirth
16. Nursing Care During Obstetric Procedures
Part IV: The Family Following Birth
17. Postpartum Physiologic Adaptations
18. Postpartum Psychosocial Adaptations
19. Normal Newborn: Processes of Adaptation
20. Assessment of the Normal Newborn
21. Care of the Normal Newborn
22. Infant Feeding
23. Home Care of the Infant
Part V: Families at Risk during the Childbearing Period
24. The Childbearing Family with Special Needs
25. Complications of Pregnancy
26. Concurrent Disorders During Pregnancy
27. Intrapartum Complications
28. Postpartum Maternal Complications
29. High-Risk Newborn: Complications Associated with Gestational Age and Development
30. High-Risk Newborn: Acquired and Congenital Conditions
Part VI: Women’s Health Care
31. Family Planning
33. Preventive Care for Women
34. Women’s Health Problems
A. Use of Drugs and Botanical Preparations during Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
B. Keys to Clinical Practice: Components of Daily Care
C. Answers to Check Your Reading
D. Answers to Critical Thinking Exercises
- © Saunders 2015
- 29th December 2014
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor Emerita, Health Professions, Golden West College, Huntington Beach, CA
Baylor Healthcare System, Dallas, TX