- Adequacy of emergency procedures for evacuation and street closures in an area designed for and designated as a retention basin
- Necessity of the purchase or condemnation of flood-threatened properties due to partial blockage of a canyon by a previous landslide
- Widsom of providing qualified and objective engineering and geologic input to the land use planning in environmentally hazardous areas
Table of Contents
- Forensic Investigations: A Growth Industry. Introduction to Case Histories. Malibu Landslide: Massive Litigation. Utah Landslide: Rural Slides Can Be Devastating, Too. Abalone Cove Landslide: Mitigation Instead of Litigation. Flooding within a Flood Plain while the Sun Was Shining. Flooding Outside a Flood Plain: Was It Really a Flood? Fire-Flood Sequence: A Deadly Combination. Land Subsidence on a Large Scale: Dire Consequences. River Morphology: Mining versus Agriculture. An Overview. Glossary. References. Index.
- No. of pages: 296
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2014
- Published: October 10, 1991
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080571225
About the Authors
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Forensic Engineering"