Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Food Toxins focuses on the presence harmful food toxins produced during processing and production of food and provides insights into the latest advancements and challenges facing food industries today. This quick reference text will help promote an understanding of health effects of the main and most deadly toxins, as well as recent developments and analytical techniques of detecting them in food.
Food Toxins presents the necessary background to an understanding of analytical methods that can be used to assess toxins’ impact in the food industry to scientists, researchers, students involved in risk assessment and food science, and those whose work involves food production where chemical contamination may occur.
- Provides detailed information on natural food toxins, their toxicity and the future challenges in food safety
- Discusses the health effects of food toxins, current regulations and other aspects directly linked to food safety, including chemistry, toxicology and epidemiology
- Covers all major toxins, including natural food toxins
Food scientists, food technologists, and researchers working in food safety
2. Hetrocyclic aromatic compounds
3. Polyaromatic hydrocarbons
4. Heavy metals
7. Biogenic amines
8. Artificial food coloring/preservatives
9. Genetically Modified Food
10. Toxins from Sea Food
11. Polyphenol A
12. Recent Advancements in Food Safety
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 1st June 2020
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
Shahzad Zafar Iqbal is an assistant professor on tenure track in Department of Applied Chemistry and Biochemistry at Government College University in Pakistan. He started his career as a postdoctoral fellow at the Food Safety Research Center, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia. He has a PhD in chemistry and was a visiting research fellow at Cornell University. His research focuses on food safety and the assessment and detoxification of mycotoxins in food and food products. He has published several research papers and has won nine awards, including the Research Productivity Award 2014-15, awarded by Pakistan Council for Science and Technology.
Department of Applied Chemistry and Biochemistry, Faculty of Science and Technology, Government College University Faisalabad, Pakistan