Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Food Technology Disruptions covers the latest disruptions in the food industry, such as the Internet of Things, digital technologies, modern applications like 3D printing, bacterial sensors in food packaging, electronic noses for food authentication, and artificial intelligence. With additional discussions on innovative distribution and delivery of food and consumer acceptance of food disruptions, this book is an essential resource for food scientists, technologists, engineers, agriculturalists, chemists, product developers, researchers, academics and professionals working in the food industry.
While innovations play an important role in food production, disruptive technologies are a revolutionary type of innovation that can displace an established technology and shake up the industry...or create a completely new industry. Currently, digital technologies and smart applications lead innovations in the food sector in order to optimize the food supply chain and to develop and deliver tailor-made food products to consumers with new eating habits.
- Covers digital technologies in agriculture, food production and food processing, modern eating habits, personalized nutrition, and relevant innovative food products
- Brings alternative protein sources, novel functional foods and artificial meat
- Discusses the Internet of Things, digital technologies and modern applications like 3D printing, smart packaging and smart food distribution
Food scientists, technologists, engineers, agriculturalists and chemists working in the whole food science field. New product developers. Researchers, academics and professionals working in the food industry
1. Introduction to food disruptions
2. Personalized nutrition and omics technologies: current status and perspectives
3. Innovations in functional foods development
4. Alternative protein sources
5. IoT technologies in the food supply chain
6. Innovative distribution and delivery of food
7. Blockchain in agriculture
8. Digital extension service
9. Social acceptability of food disruptions
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 20th January 2021
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Galanakis is an interdisciplinary scientist. He is the research and innovation director of Galanakis Laboratories (Chania, Greece) and the coordinator of the Food Waste Recovery Group of the ISEKI-Food Association (Vienna, Austria). He serves as an expert evaluator and monitor of international and regional funded programs and proposals, whereas he is an editorial board member and subject editor of Food and Bioproducts Processing and Food Research International. He has edited nine books and published ~100 articles
Galanakis Laboratories, Chania, Greece
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.