Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Food Safety Lessons for Cannabis-infused Edibles details the world of cannabis-infused edibles and the way its manufacturing is evolving as the industry moves from isolation to regulatory compliance. The cannabis industry has unique challenges as cannabis-infused edibles are not regulated as food, drugs or dietary supplements at the federal level. Despite these current conditions, the industry is aware of the need to examine the safety of these edibles and prepare for a future of federal compliance. The book looks at the cannabis industry through a scientific lens to increase awareness and expertise in food safety within the field of cannabis-infused edibles.
- Includes lessons learned by the food industry
- Presents unique challenges in the manufacture of cannabis-infused edibles
- Provides information of US Federal food safety compliance
- Explores the current state of research regarding edibles
Professionals from the traditional food industry with expertise in food safety, quality assurance, quality control, laboratory methods, microbiology and chemistry, as well as those involved in manufacturing and product development of cannabis-infused edibles
2. Overview of the Cannabis Industry
3. Begin with the End in Mind® The Dispensary
4. Food Safety Builds on a Foundation of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
5. Chemistry of CBD and THC
6. The Hazard Analysis
7. Preventive Controls
8. Nobody is Talking About Environmental Monitoring
9. Operation: Manufacturing of Edibles
10. Operation: Packaging and Labeling of Edibles
11. Training Needed in the Cannabis Industry
12. Jobs in the Cannabis Industry
13. Final Thoughts
14. Appendix 1
15. Appendix 2
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 1st May 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Kathy Knutson works nationwide with food and cannabis manufacturers on recall investigations, problem-solving, training, and FDA compliance. Dr. Knutson writes a food safety blog on ConnectFood. She trains and consults on writing Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), food defense, and food safety plans; laboratory methods and results; environmental monitoring; Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs); and FDA’s Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). As Project Manager with ImEpik, she updated the online curriculum for a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) certificate and developed a course for GMPs for the cannabis industry. Dr. Knutson is a consultant with Kornacki Microbiology Solutions, NSF International, EAS Consulting Group, and Kathy Knutson Food Safety Consulting LLC.
Kathy Knutson Food Safety Consulting LLC