Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Food Safety in the Middle East provides the latest research data on food safety of each individual country in the middle east and gulf area and summarizes the latest developments on food safety practices, policies and legislation. Food safety is a hot issue in research over the last decade due to the surge in foodborne infections particularly in these areas. Data suggests the increase is due the foods consumed by the increasing holidaymakers, tourists and locals.
This book surmises the information published in scientific literature with additional reports, knowledge and expertise to help reduce foodborne illness in these growing areas. This an excellent reference to bridge existing data, complement already existing data, discuss the state-of-the-art findings comparing and contrasting new data for the purposes of implementing preventative measures. The book also discusses current food safety regulations at the state and government level as well as the latest recommendations applying in these areas.
- Provides current research on pathogens in traditional foods consumed in specific regions of Mid-East and UAE
- Includes information on policies and strategies measures to combat food safety intoxications
- Presents perspectives on current and future legislations to limit foodborne intoxications to improve food safety in middle east countries and the gulf states
- Discusses foodborne intoxications to gain and understanding of causes to promote best practices
Researchers, librarians etc. and professionals working in the food sector/industry and government regulatory officials. Academics/grad students in Food Safety, Food Policy
- Traditional Foods consumed in the Middle East and the Gulf Countries
2. Food Safety of Traditional Foods consumed in the Middle East and the Gulf Countries
3. Historical Aspects of Food related Infections
4. Foodborne Infections and intoxications in the Middle East and the Gulf Countries
5. Food Safety Developments, Legislation, Measures in the Middle East and in the Gulf State
6. Government policies and strategies to combat foodborne infections
7. Concluding Remarks, Future Plans of Food Safety in the Middle East and the Gulf Countries
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st September 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Savvaidis received his Ph.D. in Chemistry/Microbiology, University of London, London, Department of Microbiology, UK. He has over 25 years of teaching experience in food microbiology. He has been a visiting professor in countries including, Canada, Qatar, and Lebanon, and in prestigious schools such as Notre Dame. He is a member of six societies and his expertise is in food safety, food microbiology, food analysis, food chemistry and food quality management. He’s an invited speaker to many conferences globally and published ~80 articles.
Laboratory of Food Chemistry and Food Microbiology, Department of Chemistry, University of Ioannina, Greece
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.