Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Food Quality and Shelf Life covers all aspects and challenges of food preservation, packaging and shelf-life. It provides information on the most important pillars in the field, starting with active and smart packaging materials, novel technologies, and control tools in all stages between production and consumer. The book gives emphasis to methodological approaches for sensory shelf-life estimation and the impact of packaging on sensorial properties. Researchers and professionals alike will find this reference useful, especially those who are interested in the performance evaluation of future packaging for fresh produce in the cold chain and temperature management in the supply chain.
- Presents insights regarding new trends in emerging technologies in the field
- Includes hot topics, such as modified atmosphere packaging and active materials to improve shelf-life
- Provides shelf-life assessment and modeling methodologies and accelerated shelf-life testing
Food scientists, technologists, microbiologists. Personnel related to food preservation, food processing units, academics and professionals. R&D department and processing plants in the food industries
- Food quality changes during shelf life
2. Introduction to hygienic strategies for food preservation and food quality
3. Innovative bio-based and active materials to improve shelf-life
4. Natural antimicrobial agents to improve foods shelf-life
5. Intelligent packaging to improve shelf-life
6. Food packaging and migration
7. Impact of packaging on sensorial properties of food
8. Modified atmosphere packaging for food preservation
9. Emerging technologies to improve shelf-life and ensure food quality
10. Accelerated shelf-life testing
11. Temperature management in food supply chain
12. Performance evaluation of future packaging for fresh produce in the cold chain
13. Shelf-life assessment and modeling
14. Sensory shelf-life estimation
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 8th June 2019
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Charis M. Galanakis is a multidisciplinary scientist in agricultural sciences as well as food and environmental science, technology, and sustainability, with experience in both industry and academia. He is the research and innovation director of Galanakis Laboratories in Chania, Greece, an adjunct professor of King Saud University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and the director of Food Waste Recovery Group (SIG5) of ISEKI Food Association in Vienna, Austria. He pioneered the new discipline of food waste recovery and has established the most prominent innovation network in the field. He also serves as a senior consultant for the food industry and expert evaluator for international and regional funded programs and proposals. He is an editorial board member of Food and Bioproducts Processing, Food Research International, and Foods, has edited over 45 books, and has published hundreds of research articles, reviews, monographs, chapters, and conference proceedings.
Galanakis Laboratories, Chania, Greece
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.