Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Food Nanotechnology: Applications and Approaches is the definitive guide on all aspects of nano-sized ingredients and devices for the food sector. The book brings science and applications together on the nano-scale into nano-structured food materials, with an emphasis on their production, processing, engineering, characterization, and applications of food materials containing true nano-sized dimensions or nano-structures that enable novel/enhanced properties or functions. All chapters emphasize original results relating to experimental, theoretical, computational, and/or applications of nano-materials in food.
Topics such as the application of nanotechnology in food processing operations, functional ingredients, quality control, nutraceutical delivery, and packaging of food products are very attractive and beneficial to both academics and practitioners. Finally, the safety of applying nano ingredients and nano devices is covered.
- Brings novel applications of nanotechnology in processing food products
- Shows how to improve the formulation of food products with nano-structured ingredients
- Explores new opportunities in food packaging through nano-structured materials
Academics, students, researchers, practitioners, and those who are working or interested in various fields of food nanotechnology
Section 1: Application of nanotechnology in food processing
1. Nanofluid thermal processing
3. Nanosorbents and nano-porous materials
Section 2: Application of nanotechnology in food ingredients
4. Nanoemulsions and nano-sized ingredients for food formulations
5. Nanoencapsulation of food ingredients
6. Enhancing the bioavailability of nutrients by nano-delivery systems
Section 3: Application of nanotechnology in food quality and safety
7. Metal nanoparticles as antimicrobial agents
8. Nano-based aptasensors for detection of food contaminants
9. Nanoparticles for checking adulteration/spoilage of food products
Section 4: Application of nanotechnology in food packaging
10. Nanoparticles for bioactive food packaging
11. Reinforced nanocomposites for food packaging
Section 5: Characterization and safety of food nanomaterials
12. Characterization and analysis of nano-materials in foods
13. Safety and regulatory issues of nano-materials in foods
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 1st June 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Seid Mahdi Jafari received his PhD degree in 2006 in Food Process Engineering from the University of Queensland, Australia. He has been working on nanoencapsulation of food bioactives for the past 15 years. Now, as a full professor, he is an academic member of GUASNR (Iran). He has published more than 160 papers in top-ranked international journals and 30 book chapters along with editing36 books. In November 2015, he was awarded as one of the top 1% world scientists by Thomson Reuters (Essential Scientific Indicators) in the field of Biological Sciences. Also in December 2017, he was selected as one of the top national researchers by the Iranian Ministry of Science, Research, and Technology. Recently in November 2018, he was awarded as one of the world’s highly cited researchers by Clarivate Analytics (Web of Science), and top reviewer in the field of agricultural and biological sciences selected by Publons (September 2019).
Department of Food Materials and Process Design Engineering, Faculty of Food Science and Technology, University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Pardis, Basidj Square, Gorgan, Iran