- Summarises key research which links diet and obesity
- Trends in obesity are examined
- Contributory factors to obesity are investigated, including lifestyle and genetics
Table of Contents
- Global trends in obesity. Part 1 Contributing factors: Nutrient–gene interactions contributing to the development of obesity; Energy metabolism and obesity; Physical activity and obesity; Childhood obesity, nutrition and metabolic health; The psychology of overeating; Sensory responses, food acceptance and obesity; Portion size and food intake. Part 2 Macronutrient influences on weight loss: Energy density and weight control; Dietary fat and weight control; Carbohydrates, glycemic responses and weight control; Protein intake and weight control; Alcohol, energy balance and obesity; The use of fat replacers for weight loss and control; Intense sweeteners and sugar replacers in the regulation of food intake and body weight; Dietary fibre and weight control. Part 3 Commercial strategies, functional targets and agents in weight control: Consumer determinants and intervention strategies for obesity prevention; Fat oxidation, appetite and weight control; The use of very low calorie diets (VLCDs) and meal replacers for weight control; The effectiveness of popular diets: An overview; Calcium and obesity; Community-based approaches to prevent obesity; Behavioural and metabolic targets for the prevention and control of obesity; A commercial R&D perspective on weight control foods.
- No. of pages: 544
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2005
- Published: October 14, 2005
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845690540
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Food, Diet and Obesity"