Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Introduction in Food Safety Biosecurity and Hazard Control
Coralia Bleotu, Mariana Carmen Chifiriuc, Razvan Socolov, Demetra Socolov
2. Potential hazards and biosecurity aspects associated on food safety
Ema Maldonado-Siman, Citlalli C. González-Ariceaga, Raymundo Rodríguez-de Lara, Marianella Fallas-López
3. Quality tools in improving quality assurance and food control
Ilija Djekic and Igor Tomasevic
4. Chemometrics applied for food control
Evandro Bona, Paulo Henrique Marco, Patricia Valderrama
5. Food Defense
Frank Moerman Sr.
6. Detection of biogenic amines: quality and toxicity indicators in food of animal origin
Cesar Aquiles LÁZARO DE LA TORRE and Carlos Adam CONTE-JUNIOR
7. Aptameric sensing in food safety
Caleb Acquah, Dominic Agyei, Isaac Monney, Sharadwata Pan, Michael K. Danquah
8. Advanced infrared spectroscopic technologies for natural products quality control
Christian W. Huck
9. Strategies to reduce the formation of carcinogenic chemicals in dry cured meat products
Maria Joao Fraqueza, Ana Borges, Luis Patarata
10. Detection of irradiated food and evaluation of the given dose by electron spin resonance, thermoluminescence and gas chromatographic/mass spectrometric analysis
Maria Cristina D'Oca and Antonio Bartolotta
11. Passive sampling to monitor hazardous compounds in water: a tool for the risk assessment of consuming aquatic foods
Diego Orlando Murillo Martínez, Daniel Esteban Leon Perez, Gloria Jaqueline Correa Restrepo, Julian Londono, Claudio Jimenez Cartagena
12. Quality control of plant-based food in terms of nutritional values: Influence of pesticides residue and endogenous compounds
Hanna Barchanska and Joanna Plonka
13. Drying Drop Technology in wine and hard drinks quality control
Tatiana Yakhno, Anatoly Sanin, Vladimir Yakhno, Vyacheslav Kazakov, Alexander Pakhomov, Tatiana Guguchkina, Michail Markovsky
14. Biosecurity strategies for backyard poultry: a controlled way for safe food production
Indranil Samanta, Siddhartha Narayan Joardar, Pradip Kumar Das
15. Antibacterial effects and modes of action of the activated lactoperoxidase system (LPs), of CO2 and N2 gas as food-grade approaches to control bovine raw milk associated bacteria
Patricia Munsch-Alatossava, Oguz Gursoy, Princess Maria Lorilla, Jean-Pierre Gauchi and Tapani Alatossava
16. Foods, Food Additives and Generally Regarded as Safe (GRAS) Food Assessments
Food Control and Biosecurity, Volume Sixteen, the latest release in the Handbook of Food Bioengineering series, is an essential resource for anyone in the food industry who needs to understand safety and quality control to prevent or reduce the spread of foodborne diseases. The book covers information from exporter to transporter, importer and retailer, and offers valuable tools to measure food quality while also addressing government standards and regulations for food production, processing and consumption. The book presents cutting-edge methods for detecting hazardous compounds within foods, including carcinogenic chemicals. Other related topics addressing food insecurity and food defense are also discussed.
- Identifies the latest import/export regulations related to food control and biosecurity
- Provides detection and analysis methods to ensure a safe food supply
- Presents risk assessment tools and prevention strategies for food safety and process control
Food industry personnel, professionals in ecological and pharmaceutical companies, researchers, academic staff, postdocs, undergraduate and postgraduate students in food science
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 13th February 2018
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Grumezescu is Assistant Professor at the Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, in the Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, with a second affiliation to the Faculty of Medical Engineering, at the Politehnica University of Bucharest in Romania. He is an experienced and oft-published researcher and editor in the field of nano and biomaterials, and he is the Editor-in-Chief of three journals: Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry, Letters and Applied NanoBioScience, and Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Bulletin. He also serves as editor or guest editor for several notable journals. Dr. Grumezescu has published 150 peer-reviewed papers, 20 book chapters, 6 co-authored books and 11 edited books.
Assistant Professor, Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science and Faculty of Medical Engineering, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania
Alina-Maria Holban is a lecturer in Microbiology and Immunology, at the Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest; and associate researcher at the University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania. Her primary area of research is the development of bionanomaterials with antimicrobial applications. Dr. Holban has published 75 papers in peer-reviewed journals, 42 conference/symposia proceedings, and has edited more than 21 edited books.
Botany and Microbiology Department, Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest, Romania