Food Chemical Safety
Volume 1: Contaminants
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
Chemical contaminants in food, from pesticides and veterinary drug residues to contamination from food packaging, are a major concern for the food industry. Written by a distinguished international team of contributors, this authoritative collection describes the main chemical contaminants, their health implications, how they contaminate food products, methods of detection and how such contaminants can be controlled.
- Describes the main chemical contaminants of food, their health implications, how they contaminate food products, methods of detection and how such contaminants can be controlled
Students and academics of food science and technology and food quality control personnel
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Analytical methods: Risk analysis; Quality control and selection; Standardised methods of analysis for contaminants; Future direction for methods of analysis; Molecular imprint-based sensors in contaminant analysis; Bioassays in contaminant analysis. Part 2 Particular contaminants: Veterinary drug residues; Inorganic contaminants in food: Metals and metalloids, nitrate and nitrite; Environmental organic contaminants in food: Aromatic hydrocarbons, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, dioxins and PCBs, chlorinated hydrocarbons, phthalic acid esters, endocrine disrupters; Chemical migration from food packaging; Pesticides; Mycotoxins. Part 3 Regulation: International regulation of chemical contaminants in food; Regulation of chemical contaminants in foodstuffs in the EU; Contaminant regulation and management in the US.
- No. of pages: 336
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2001
- Published: May 2, 2001
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781855736320
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
formerly Food Standards Agency, UK
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Food Chemical Safety"