Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction to Fluoropolymers
2. Materials of Construction
3. Properties of Neat (Unfilled) and Filled Fluoropolymers
4. Selecting Fluoropolymers for Corrosion Control
5. Manufacturing of Parts from Tetrafluoroethylene Homopolymers
6. Manufacturing Parts from Melt-Processible Fluoropolymers
7. Fabrication Techniques for Fluoropolymers
8. Design and Construction of Linings and Vessels
9. Operations, Inspections, Maintenance, and Repairs
10. Failure Analysis of Fluoropolymer Parts
11. Cost Analysis
12. Safety, Health, Environmental, Disposal, and Recycling
13. Future Trends
Fluoropolymer Applications in Chemical Processing Industries: The Definitive User's Guide and Handbook, Second Edition, contains the most extensive collection of data and information on fluoropolymer applications in chemical processing industries. Because of their superior properties, fluoropolymers have been rapidly replacing metal alloys for corrosion inhibition in chemical processing equipment. This book is a complete compendium of information about fluoropolymer lining materials and structural piping and tubing.
Fluoropolymer surfaces preserve purity of processing streams in the chemical processing, plastics, food, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, and pulp and paper industries. Updated to reflect major changes since 2004, this book contains practical, problem-solving tools for professionals in those industries. Equipment manufacturers, plant operators, and product design and manufacturing engineers all will benefit from the in-depth knowledge provided.
This new edition includes new fluoropolymer grades and new examples of the fluoropolymer role in preventing corrosion. New fabrication techniques have been added, and additional emphasis has been placed on adhesion and welding techniques. New sections have been added on inspection of new linings, and in-service inspection – including inspection frequency, acceptance criteria, fitness for service evaluation, and reparability.
- Includes extensive guidelines for the selection of fluoropolymers for corrosion control
- Features a detailed ‘how-to’ on processes that convert fluoropolymers into shapes and parts
- Discusses fabrication techniques to finish the fluoropolymer components before exposure to harsh chemical environments
- Includes laboratory techniques to determine the cause of part failure, and a modeling methodology to predict and analyze failure of fluoropolymer parts
Engineers/manufacturers of components/parts made from fluoropolymers. Scientists and engineers working in chemical processing industries. Relevant industry segments included automotive, aerospace, electronic, pharmaceutical, medical devices, O&G
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2017
- 30th October 2017
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Sina Ebnesajjad is the series editor of Plastics Design Library (PDL) published in the William Andrew imprint of Elsevier. This Series is a unique series, comprising technology and applications handbooks, data books and practical guides tailored to the needs of practitioners. Sina was the editor-in-chief of William Andrew Publishing from 2005 to 2007, which was acquired by Elsevier in 2009.
He retired as a Senior Technology Associate in 2005 from the DuPont fluoropolymers after nearly 24 years of service. Sina founded of FluoroConsultants Group, LLC in 2006 where he continues to work. Sina earned his Bachelor of Science from the School of Engineering of the University of Tehran in 1976, Master of Science and PhD from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, all in Chemical Engineering.
He is author, editor and co-author of fifteen technical and data books including five handbooks on fluoropolymers technology and applications. He is author and co-author of three books in surface preparation and adhesion of materials, two of which are in their second editions. Sina has been involved with technical writing and publishing since 1974.
His experiences include fluoropolymer technologies (polytetrafluoroethylene and its copolymers) including polymerization, finishing, fabrication, product development, failure analysis, market development and technical service. Sina holds six patents.
Fluoroconsultants Group, Chadds Ford, PA, USA
Pradip Khaladkar retired as a Principal Materials Engineer from Dupont after 37 years specializing in polymer based materials for chemical handling. Currently he provides consulting through his firm PECT Consulting LLC.
DuPont Engineering Technology, Delaware, USA