Table of Contents
- Foreword. Preface. Following Fluorine in Nuclear Fuel Manufacture at BNFL (M. J. Atherton). Looking In on Fluorine Chemistry in Russia and Ukraine (D. L. Averre). Forty Years of Fluorine Chemistry (N. Bartlett). Contribution to the Perpetuation of Moissan's Memory: the Moissan Prize (R. Bougon). Organofluorine Chemistry in Novosibirsk, Siberia (G. M. Brooke). The Iowa Connection (D. J. Burton). Organofluorine Chemistry in the University of Durham, UK (R. D. Chambers). Never Say No to a Challenge (K. O. Christe). The Anionic Side of Fluorine Chemistry (J. H. Clark). Laporte and its Fluoride Businesses (A. E. Comyns). Fluorine Chemistry - A Chemical Gardener's Paradise (D. D. DesMarteau). Pursuing Fluorine Chemistry in Poland (W. Dmowski). Biographical Sketch of Paul Tarrant (W. R. Dolbier, Jr.). Fluoropolymers, Stable Nitroxides and Perfluoroalkylation (K. C. Eapen). Fluorine Chemistry in Italy (G. P. Gambaretto). Fluorine Chemistry at Leicester (J. H. Holloway and E. G. Hope). Chinese Research in Organofluorine Chemistry (C.-M. Hu and W.-Y. Huang). Fluorine Chemistry in Japan (Y. Kobayashi et al.). The Discovery of Successful Direct Fluorination Syntheses: Three Eras of Elemental Fluorine Reaction Chemistry (R. J. Lagow). Flogging the Fluorocarbons (D. M. Lemal). Adventures of a Fluorine Chemist at DuPont (W. J. Middleton). Fluorine Chemistry: The ICI Legacy (R. L. Powell). Fluorocarbon Emulsions - Designing an Efficient Shuttle Service for the Respiratory Gases - the so-called 'Blood Substitutes' (J. G. Riess). Some Aspects of Fluorine Chemistry in Göttingen (H. W. Roesky). Fluorocarbon Metal Compounds - Role Models in Organotransition Metal Chemistry (F. G. A. Stone). Aromatic Fluorine Chemistry at Salford (H. Suschitzky and B. J. Wakefield). Fluorine Chemistry at the University of Birmingham - A Cradle of the Subject in the UK (J. C. Tatlow). The Belated Hexafluorobenzene Papers of Yvonne Désirant (D. Tavernier). Highly-toxic Fluorine Compounds (C. M. Timperley). From Complex Fluorides to CFC Alternatives - An Account of Fluorine Chemistry at Glasgow (J. M. Winfield). The Development of Inorganic Fluorine Chemistry in Slovenia (B. Žemva). Going with the Fluo (R. E. Banks).
- No. of pages: 660
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2000
- Published: December 4, 2000
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780080434056
- eBook ISBN: 9780080531793
About the Editor
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Fluorine Chemistry at the Millennium"