This volume, Fluidization, Solids Handling, and Processing, is the first of a series of volumes on "Particle Technology". Particles are important products of chemical process industries spanning the basic and specialty chemicals, agricultural products, pharmaceuticals, paints, dyestuffs and pigments, cement, ceramics, and electronic materials. Solids handling and processing technologies are thus essential to the operation and competitiveness of these industries. Fluidization technology is employed not only in chemical production, it also is applied in coal gasification and combustion for power generation, mineral processing, food processing, soil washing and other related waste treatment, environmental remediation, and resource recovery processes. The FCC (Fluid Catalytic Cracking) technology commonly employed in the modern petroleum refineries is also based on fluidization principles.
Chemical process industries spanning the basic and specialty chemicals, agricultural products, pharmaceuticals, paints, dyestuffs and pigments, cement, ceramics, and electronic materials.
- Fluidized Bed Scale-up 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Reactor Modeling: Bed Diameter Influence 3.0 Influence of Bed Diameter on Hydrodynamics 4.0 Experimental Means to Account for Scale-up: Use of Scale Models 5.0 Simplified Scaling Relationships 6.0 Further Simplifications in the Scaling Relationship 7.0 Design of Scale Models 8.0 Experimental Verification of Scaling Laws for Bubbling Beds 9.0 Applications of Scaling to Commercial Bubbling Fluidized Bed Units 10.0 Hydrodynamic Scaling of Circulating Beds 11.0 Conclusions Acknowledgments Notations References
- Pressure and Temperature Effects in Fluid-Particle Systems 1.0 Introduction Notations References
- Heat Transfer in Fluidized Beds 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Bubbling Dense Fluidization 3.0 Circulating Fast Fluidization Notations References
- Gas Distributor and Plenum Design in Fluidized Beds 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Types of Grids 3.0 Grid Design Criteria 4.0 Particle Attrition at Grids 5.0 Erosion 6.0 Effects of Temperature and Pressure 7.0 Plenum Design 8.0 Design Examples Notations References
- Engineering and Applications of Recirculating and Jetting Fluidized Beds 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Recirculating Fluidized Beds with a Draft Tube 3.0 Jetting Fluidized Beds Notations References
- Fluidized Bed Coating and Granulation 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Coating of Particles in Fluidized Beds<B
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 1998
- 31st December 1998
- William Andrew
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Siemens Westinghouse Power Corporation, Pittsburgh, PA, USA