Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Flow Analysis for Hydrocarbon Pipeline Engineering gives engineers a tool to help them determine fluid dynamics. The book describes hydrocarbon fluid transport in pipelines by presenting useful applied thermodynamic derivations specialized for pipelines. All transport phenomena is covered, such as heat, momentum and mass transport. Moving past the fundamentals, the reference addresses the complexity of these fluids and dedicates a chapter on multiphase mixtures, including slugging, hydrates, wax and sand. Rounding out with practical case studies, this book delivers a critical reference for engineers and flow assurance experts that will help them correlate basic fluid principles with applied engineering practices.
- Includes discussions on sustainable operations such as CO2 transport in pipelines utilized in carbon capture and hydrocarbon recovery operations
- Delivers multiple case studies for practical applications and lessons learned
- Describes hydrocarbon fluid transport in pipelines by presenting useful applied thermodynamic derivations specialized for pipelines
Flow assurance engineers; pipeline engineers; petroleum engineers; production engineers
- Basics of Thermodynamics
2. Steady Compressible Flow
3. Transient Compressible Flow
4. Multiphase Gas-Liquid Flow
5. Pipeline Heat Transfer
6. Flow Assurance Issues (Slugging, Hydrates, Wax, Sand)
7. Flow Properties Affecting Steel Pipe Material Assessment (Low Temperature Scenarios, Ductile Fracture Propagation Analysis, PWHT Thermal Analysis)
8. Special Liquid Pipeline Systems (Non-Newtonian Liquid Flow, Batch Transport)
9. CO2 Pipelines
10. Case Studies
a. Pre-comm. and Comm. Simulations
b. Development of an Overpressure Protection System
c. Expansion Wave Models
d. Solar Radiation Induced Pressurization
e. Multiphase Flow in Chokes
f. Hydrate Plug Formation Analysis in Gas-Condensate Pipe
g. Depressurization of Flashing Liquids
h. PWHT Experimental Verification
- No. of pages:
- © Gulf Professional Publishing 2022
- 1st April 2022
- Gulf Professional Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Alessandro Terenzi is currently a Flow Assurance Lead for a major Italian oil and gas pipeline engineering company, managing pre-commissioning and commissioning specifications on projects, supporting operation activities around the world, including the US, Uganda, Oman, Lybia, Iran, Italy, and Saudi Arabia. Previously, he worked on many flow assurance studies requiring technical coordination of design activities, interface with clients, and support existing pipeline operations and worked as a Senior Process Specialist working in gas dynamics, multiphase flow, heat transfer, and economical optimization. He earned a degree in physics from Bologna University. Alessandro is an active member of the European Consortium for Mathematics in Industry, an assistant professor for University of Bologna and has authored many journal contributions and conference proceedings.
Flow Assurance Lead, Italy
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.