Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Flavor of Foods and Beverages Chemistry and Technology covers the proceedings of an international conference sponsored by the Agricultural and Food Chemistry Division of the American Chemical Society held in Athens, Greece on June 27-29, 1978. It presents information on the flavor of foods and beverages. This book discusses wide ranging subjects, such as flavor of meat, meat analogs, chocolate and cocoa substitutes, cheese aroma, beverages, baked goods, confections, tea, citrus and other fruits, olive oil, and sweeteners. It also examines new analytical methodology on taste and aroma, as well as flavor production, stability, and composition. This book will be useful for students, chemists, technologists, and manufacturers involved in any facet of producing foods and beverages.
List of Contributors
1. Flavor Modification
2. New Developments in Meat Aroma Research
3. Flavor Problems in the Application of Soy Protein Materials as Meat Substitutes
4. Flavoring Vegetable Protein Meat Analogs
5. Flavor Development of White and Provincial Greek Bread Traditional and Rural Breadmaking Process
6. Some Recent Advances in the Knowledge of Cheese Flavor
7. Flavor Aspects of Chocolate
8. Cocoa Substitution
9. Biomolecular Studies of a Class of Sweet Compounds
10. Intense Sweetness of Natural Origin
11. Flavor Interactions with Food Ingredients from Headspace Analysis Measurements
12. Occurrence of Amadori and Heyns Rearrangement Products in Processed Food and Their Role in Flavor Formation
13. Formation of Lactones and Terpenoids by Microorganisms
14. The Chemistry of the Black-Caramel Color Substance s of Several Human Foods
15. Characterization of Synthetic Substances in Food Flavors by Isotopic Analysis
16. Analysis of Air Odorants in the Environment of a Confections Manufacturing Plant
17. Cat and Human Taste Responses to L-a-Amino Acid Solutions
18. Aroma Analysis of Virgin Olive Oil by Head Space (Volatiles) and Extraction (Polyphenols ) Techniques
19. The Volatile Fraction of Orange Juice . Methods for Extraction and Study of Composition
20. The Aroma of Various Teas
21. Relationship between Physical and Chemical Analysis and Taste-Testing Results with Beers
22. The Aroma Composition of Distilled Beverages and Perceived Aroma of Whisky
23. Wine Flavor
24. Alteration in a Wine Distillate during Ageing
25. Possibilities of Characterizing Wine Quality and Vine Varieties by Means of Capillary Chromatography
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1978
- 28th December 1978
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.