- An authoritative guide to best practice in ensuring safe design
- Defines flammability and the main types of test available
- A vital reference source for civil and transport engineers
Table of Contents
- Understanding materials flammability; Fundamental measurement techniques. Part 1 Flammability tests for buildings and their contents: Flammability of wood products; Flammability tests for external cladding on buildings; Fire hazard assessment of wall and ceiling fire spread in rooms; Fire behaviour of sandwich panels; Flammability tests for upholstered furniture and mattresses; Flammability tests for cables; Flammability tests for electrical appliances. Part 2 Flammability tests for transportation and mining: Flammability tests for regulation of building and construction materials; Fire testing in road and railway tunnels; Flammability tests for aircraft; Flammability testing in the mining sector; Flammability tests for railway passenger cars; Ships and submarines; Tests for spontaneous ignition of solid materials.
- No. of pages: 480
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2006
- Published: January 31, 2006
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845691042
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Flammability Testing of Materials Used in Construction, Transport and Mining"