Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Understanding material flammability
2. Fundamental measurement techniques
3. Flammability of wood products
Birgit Anna-Lisa Östman
4. Flammability tests for external cladding on buildings
Kevin Frank, Ed Soja and Colleen Wade
5. Fire hazard assessment of wall and ceiling fire spread in rooms
Colleen Wade and Greg Baker
6. Fire behaviour of sandwich panels
Patrick Van Hees
7. Flammability tests for upholstered furniture and mattresses
Charles M. Fleischmann
8. Flammability tests for cables
9. Flammability tests for electrical appliances
Margaret Simonson McNamee
10. Flammability tests for regulation of building and construction materials
Laura Hasburgh and Kuma Sumathipala
11. Fire testing in road and railway tunnels
12. Flammability tests for aircraft
13. Flammability testing in the mining sector
14. Flammability tests for railway passenger cars
R.D. Peacock and R.W. Bukowski
15. Ships and submarines
16. Tests for spontaneous ignition of solid materials
H. Wang and Bogdan Z. Dlugogorski
Flammability Testing of Materials used in Construction, Transport, and Mining, Second Edition provides an authoritative guide to current best practice in ensuring fire-safe design.
The book begins by discussing the fundamentals of flammability, measurement techniques, and the main types of fire tests for various applications. Building on this foundation, a group of chapters then reviews tests for key materials used in the building, transport, and mining sectors. There are chapters on wood products, external cladding, and sandwich panels as well as the flammability of walls and ceilings linings. Tests for upholstered furniture and mattresses, cables, and electrical appliances are also reviewed. A final group of chapters discusses fire tests for the transport sector, including those for railway passenger cars, aircraft, road and rail tunnels, ships, and submarines. There is also a chapter on tests for spontaneous ignition of solid materials.
With its distinguished international team of contributors, Flammability Testing of Materials used in Construction, Transport, and Mining is an invaluable reference for fire safety, civil, chemical, mechanical, mining and transport engineers.
In this revised edition, the latest information is provided on fire testing of products, systems, components, and materials used across these essential sectors, with all regulations and standards brought up to date.
- Relays all new developments in fire safety standards, regulations and performance requirements
- Covers a broad range of infrastructure sectors such as construction, transport, and mining
- Updated to include cutting-edge fire tests and the latest iteration of standards including ISO, ASTM, and EN
Researchers and all those involved in fire testing standards (manufacturers, regulators and practitioners); scientists and engineers working in the fire safety of materials, high performance polymers and fire retardants; PhD and Masters students working on fire safety engineering or polymeric materials
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st October 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Vivek Apte is an accredited consulting fire safety engineer and the founding director of AV Fire Engineering Pty Ltd in Sydney. After completing his PhD in Chemical Engineering from the University of Newcastle and post-doctoral work at Sydney University, Vivek has worked in Australia as a research scientist, engineer, consultant, and visiting lecturer for more than three decades. Covering academia, the government, and the private sector, his career has included time at CSIRO, Sydney University, the University of Western Sydney, and WorkCover New South Wales.
Founding Director, AV Fire Engineering Pty Ltd., Sydney, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.