Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Understanding material flammability
2. Fundamental measurement techniques
3. Flammability of wood products
4. Flammability tests for external cladding on buildings
5. Fire hazard assessment of wall and ceiling fire spread in rooms
6. Fire behavior of sandwich panels
7. Flammability tests for upholstered furniture and mattresses
8. Flammability tests for cables
9. Flammability tests for electrical appliances
10. Flammability tests for regulation of building and construction materials
11 Fire testing in road and railway tunnels
12. Flammability tests for aircraft
13. Flammability testing in the mining sector
14. Flammability tests for railway passenger cars
15. Ships and Submarines
Flammability testing of conveyor belts in underground mines
Flammability Testing of Materials Used in Construction, Transport and Mining, Second Edition, presents an international balance in authorship with contributions from Europe, USA, Australia and New Zealand. With chapters fully revised and updated, the book presents newly proposed flammability test methods, as well as fire testing on products/systems/components and materials used in various industrial sectors. This authoritative guide helps ensure safe design, focusing on wood, external cladding and sandwich panels as well as walls and ceilings. Tests for furniture fabrics, cables and electrical appliances are also reviewed, with final sections focusing on flammability testing for railway passenger cars, aircraft, road and rail tunnels.
- Features up-to-date developments in fire safety standards, regulations, performance requirements and product manufacturing
- Covers a broad range of different application fields, such as furniture and building construction, transport and mining
- Features new fire tests and (ISO, ASTM, and En) standards
Researchers and all those involved in fire testing standards (manufacturers, regulators and practitioners); scientists and engineers working in the fire safety of materials, high performance polymers and fire retardants; PhD and Masters students working on fire safety engineering or polymeric materials
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st May 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Vivek Apte is a Senior Research Scientist with CSIRO Manufacturing and Infrastructure Technology (CMIT), and has led a number of projects within its Fire Science and Technology Laboratory. Before joining CMIT, Dr Apte was a Senior Specialist at TestSafe Australia for 14 years. He is the author of over 75 publications in the area of fire and explosion safety.
formerly Fire Science and Technology Laboratory, CSIRO, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.