Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Introduction. Mathematical Preliminaries. Variational Methods. Element Interpolation and Local Coordinates. One-Dimensional Integration. Beam Analysis. Truss Elements and Axis Transformations. Cylindrical Analysis. General Interpolation. Adaptive Analysis. Integration Models. Heat Transfer. Elasticity. Error Measures for Elliptic Problems. Sensitivity Analysis. Special Elements. Transient Problems. Computational Fluid Dynamics. Automatic Mesh Generation. Computational Procedures. MODEL Applications in 1-D. MODEL Applications in 2-D and 3-D. Appendices. Index.
The finite element method (FEM) is an analysis tool for problem-solving used throughout applied mathematics, engineering, and scientific computing. Finite Elements for Analysis and Design provides a thoroughlyrevised and up-to-date account of this important tool and its numerous applications, with added emphasis on basic theory. Numerous worked examples are included to illustrate the material.
- Akin clearly explains the FEM, a numerical analysis tool for problem-solving throughout applied mathematics, engineering and scientific computing
- Basic theory has been added in the book, including worked examples to enable students to understand the concepts
- Contains coverage of computational topics, including worked examples to enable students to understand concepts
- Improved coverage of sensitivity analysis and computational fluid dynamics
- Uses example applications to increase students' understanding
- Includes a disk with the FORTRAN source for the programs cided in the text
Advanced undergraduate engineering students taking a course in Finate Element Mehods and Computer-Aided Design
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2014
- 15th March 1994
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Rice University, Houston, TX
Institute of Computational Mathematics, Brunel University
University of Bath
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.