- Print ISBN 9780124200319
- Electronic ISBN 9780124200852
This book is the first to explain FinFET modeling for IC simulation and the industry standard – BSIM-CMG - describing the rush in demand for advancing the technology from planar to 3D architecture, as now enabled by the approved industry standard.
The book gives a strong foundation on the physics and operation of FinFET, details aspects of the BSIM-CMG model such as surface potential, charge and current calculations, and includes a dedicated chapter on parameter extraction procedures, providing a step-by-step approach for the efficient extraction of model parameters.
With this book you will learn:
1. FinFET- from Device Concept to Standard Compact Model
2. Analog/RF behavior of FinFET
3. Core Model for FinFETs
4. Channel Current and Real Device Effects
5. Leakage Current Models
6. Charge, Capacitance and Nonquasi-Static Effect
7. Parasitic Resistances and Capacitances
9. Junction Diode Current and Capacitance
10. Benchmark tests for Compact Models
11. BSIM-CMG Model Parameter Extraction
12. Temperature Effects