Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction to Plastics and Polymers
2. Introduction to the Mechanical, Thermal and Permeation Properties of Plastics and Elastomers
3. Production of films
4. Markets and Applications for films
5. Styrenic Plastics
8. Polyamides (Nylons)
10. Polyvinyls and Acrylics
12. High Temperature/High Performance Polymers
13. Elastomers and rubbers
14. Renewable Resource or biodegradable polymers
Permeation Unit Conversion Factors
Vapor Transmission rate Conversion factors
Film Properties of Plastics and Elastomers, Fourth Edition is the only data handbook available on the engineering properties of commercial polymeric films. It details many physical, mechanical, optical, electrical and permeation properties within the context of specific test parameters, providing a ready reference for comparing materials in both the same and different families. Data is presented on the characteristics of major plastic and elastomer packaging materials, with the data in this edition updated to cover the five years since the previous edition was published.
The resin chapters each contain textual summary information, including category, general description, processing methods, applications, reliability, weatherability, and regulatory approval considerations for use in food and medical packaging.
- Provides an essential reference tool for the workflow of engineers and scientists involved in the plastics industry
- Details a broad range of film properties, enabling engineers and professionals to compare and select materials
- Provides a life-of-product approach, with coverage ranging from properties and key concepts, through to production and applications
Producers and users of film packaging products, i.e., packaging engineers and materials scientists. Also polymer and coatings chemists, coatings manufacturers and users, users of polymer membranes and films for other applications (such as solar panels, fuel cells)
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2017
- 20th June 2017
- William Andrew
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Larry McKeen has a Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Wisconsin and worked for DuPont Fluoroproducts from 1978–2014. As a Senior Research Associate Chemist, he was responsible for new product development including application technology and product optimization for particular end-uses, and product testing. He retired from DuPont at the end of 2014 and is currently a consultant.
Senior Research Associate, DuPont, Wilmington, DE, USA