Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Fats and Oils Handbook (Nahrungsfette und Öle) acknowledges the importance of fats and oils and surveys today's state-of-the-art technology. To pursue food technology without knowing the raw material would mean working in a vacuum. This book describes the raw materials predominantly employed and the spectrum of processes used today. It is the updated and revised English version of Nahrungsfette und Ole, originally printed in German. It contains 283 tables, 647+ figures, and over 850 references. "If you can afford only one book on oils and fats, their composition, processing and use, then this should probably be the one!"
- Presents details on the composition, chemistry, and processes of the major fats and oils used today
- Includes hundreds of illustrations and tables, making the concepts easier to read and grasp
- Acknowledges the importance of fats and oils offers details on relevant technologies
Fats and oils processors; food manufacturers; lipid chemists, plant managers; equipment manufacturers
1. The Importance of Fats
2. Composition, Structure, Physical Data, and Chemical Reactions of Fats and Oils and Their Associates
3. Animal Fats and Oils
4. Vegetable Fats and Oils
5. Production of Vegetable Oils and Fats
6. Modification of Fats and Oils
8. Fats as, or in, Food
9. Analytical Methods
10. Conversion Tables and Abbreviations
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press and AOCS Press 1998
- 21st October 2015
- Academic Press and AOCS Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Prof. Dr. Michael Bockisch has worked more than 20 years for Unilever in executive management, as CEO, and as a management consultant within the food industry. He has a particular focus on post-sustainability, consumer policy, and communication as it relates to food. He is a Vice-President of the Federation of Food Law and Food Science (BLL) and Chairman of the Board (Strategy) of the Hamburg School of Food Science.
Owner, Bockisch-Consult, Jesteburg, Germany
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.